Skillz' "The Rap Up '05"

2»

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    talk about running a one-time gag into the ground...

http://spinemagazine.com/music/december/madskillz/therapup2005.mp3

am i the only one that listened to it all the way through? it didnt drag on or nothing...it was actually quite entertaining...like as if my dad decided to make a rap album based on the bible...in sanskrit...using M.A.S.K. figurines to depict Abraham coming down the mountain, using the new mc lyte with premier joint in the background as the score to his epic. but seriously, that would be real "skillz" i should tell my pops to persue that.

• talk about running a one-time gag into the ground...

am i the only one that listened to it all the way through? it didnt drag on or nothing...it was actually quite entertaining...like as if my dad decided to make a rap album based on the bible...in sanskrit...using M.A.S.K. figurines to depict Abraham coming down the mountain, using the new mc lyte with premier joint in the background as the score to his epic. but seriously, that would be real "skillz" i should tell my pops to persue that.

Really though. Skillz - what is dude doing now? I'll tell you what! He's most likely working a real job like most of us slubs and making pretty amusing rap-observations of the events of the past year. I thought it was pretty clever, considering dude probably put 45 minutes into writing the shit. Cut the guy some slack..it's not like he's precipitaing a comeback based on this seven minute throw-away cut. I bet he didn't think this would inspire a vitriolic comment on his whole career. Damn.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Really though. Skillz - what is dude doing now? I'll tell you what! He's most likely working a real job like most of us slubs and making pretty amusing rap-observations of the events of the past year. I thought it was pretty clever, considering dude probably put 45 minutes into writing the shit. Cut the guy some slack..it's not like he's precipitaing a comeback based on this seven minute throw-away cut. I bet he didn't think this would inspire a vitriolic comment on his whole career. Damn.

I actually agree with you but dude, this is Soul Strut. This is how what we do.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

it's all about the ghostwriting.

Oh, bullshit.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Oh, bullshit.

Oh, bullshit.

If the dude can't come up with anything other than cringe-inducing punch rhymes for himself, what makes these fanboys think that he could do better for anybody else?

Schitt is pathetic.

I'm mad at myself for having now wasted two posts on dude.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    d*niel how come i distinctly remember you raving about how "next level" DILLA's production was on from where?!?

d*niel how come i distinctly remember you raving about how "next level" DILLA's production was on from where?!?

Do not ever put my name--even in redacted form--in the same post as such noxious statements.

• talk about running a one-time gag into the ground...

Actually he's living good off writing lyrics for various foolios. He doesn't have a job, something all you flops can only dream of. How u luv that?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Is that fucking M.A.S.K.?

• Is that fucking M.A.S.K.?

It is the mighty power that can save the day.