MTV 's Tempo Channel.

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
What is Tempo? A release explained: "Tempo is a dynamic new addition to MTV Networks, which will create history from its inception, becoming the first and only Pan-Caribbean channel. "Tempo combines the trendsetting creativity of MTV Networks with the irresistible influence of Caribbean culture to produce a unique brand, whose power will extend beyond the television set and impact on trends, cultures and attitudes across a broad range of demographics. "Tempo is all about attracting and building a new audience of Caribbean lovers, whilst authentically exploring Caribbean culture and providing a home for the biggest and the smallest of Caribbean musical acts, as they represent the people of the region. There is almost no limit to the programming possibilities for this lifestyle cable channel about the Caribbean. "Tempo has promised to provide a balanced diet of: a. Caribbean music, including Afro-pop, brukdown, calypso, dancehall, kompa, marimba, reggaeton, punta rock, soca, reggae and zouk, among others. Also, look forward to coverage of regional concerts, festivals and the club scene; b. Caribbean sport tournaments in various disciplines, such as cricket, golf, football, fishing, polo and horse-racing; c. Caribbean food, with cooking shows, chef competitions, celebrity recipes and health-tips.Any comments?i'm not in favour of it.The rest of the region need to get their record sales up before they start lumping us all together like this.

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    [rant]I cant believe my local cable station here,replaced M2 with this crap[/rant]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I want less country music video stations and a return to the box.

MTV is trying to expand markets which is something that I guess hould be applauded. Logo is pretty disapointing (save the occasional Morrissey concert)

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

LOL I think you're the only one on here who's ever going to see it magnetic!

Really i thought that everyone would be able to get this in US in the regular cable package.They're really expecting people to pay extra for it...lol.Another thing that's funny is they have no Jamaican VJ's except for this one(model) dude that was doing an on the scene report from some concert on another island .