Original Popcorn (funky Barclay frenchie)

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I've had this record for a couple of years, but still haven't found any information on the players besides Francis Auffray (and who is he?) being the overseer of the french breakbeat cheese. It's been apparently been reissued, so the cat has been out of the bag for a long time. Anyone know sumpinsumpin about this?

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    with the well-known cover of the Gershon Kingsley hit moog-tune. It has a very similar cover to that one and it's on the same record label, but the music is entirely different. It's funky and a bit psychedelic with a good handful of open drumbeats. Some tracks are just uptempo bare drums with the engineer running them through the EQ on the console and tweaking the knobs along the way.

• What's up Dejean The Thunder?

Dress

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    I've had this record for a couple of years, but still haven't found any information on the players besides Francis Auffray (and who is he?) being the overseer of the french breakbeat cheese. It's been apparently been reissued, so the cat has been out of the bag for a long time. Anyone know sumpinsumpin about this?

Homez,.. if you lend me the record for lets say a couple of years (or 10), I might be able to dig up some info for you.... OK ??? What u say...? You know I love doze popcorn...

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Dumb question:
    Is this the same group as "Hot Buttered Popcorn?" Seems like it is.

Dumb question:

G, du skal ikke finde dig i at blive disset af en pladen??rd !!!

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    their is a 7" that apparently is non LP cuts.I hear it is quite good.The Original Popcorn Lp is pretty hard to top in the Drum department.A personal Fave!

Dumb question:

This is miles away from Hot Butter???here's an example:

Sweet Popcorn pt. 2

Get the picture?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    This is NOT Hot Butter???sigh???here's an example:

Sweet Popcorn pt. 2

Get the picture?

Not to diminish your frustration, but anyone who types "sigh" in their posts should really fuck off in my opinion.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    This is miles away from Hot Butter???here's an example:

Sweet Popcorn pt. 2

Get the picture?

Yeah, what an a-hole. sigh.

Not to diminish your frustration, but anyone who types "sigh" in their posts should really fuck off in my opinion.

That's why I edited the post straight away. Unfortunately you were too fast on the keyboard for me. It's all luv from here

what an a-hole. sigh

Disregard the initial reply and move on, please. No harm intended from here.

• robert_murtrobert_murt 338 Posts
    their is a 7" that apparently is non LP cuts.I hear it is quite good.The Original Popcorn Lp is pretty hard to top in the Drum department.A personal Fave!

Vigon - popcorn popcorn b/w Frozen steack popcorn (Egg)

Vigon is a Morocan singer, part of the R'n'B french scene during the 60s/70s, he's the guy singing on the album.

The good news about this 7' is that the Bside is the instrumental of the same track of the album.

That 7' was pretty findable some years ago in France, but now it's tough!

KIDS,...this lp is a straight up jawbreaking biaatch... S-I-G-H !!!!!!! actually, I lost a couple of teeth last time I heard this... auwch !