Sadat X busted...?

idiotproofidiotproof 880 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
He's one of the last people I would think who would be this stupid... Wouldn't this jepoardise his day job as a casual schoolteacher?HARLEM HIP-HOPPER'S GUN RAP[/b]By JOE McGURK and HASANI GITTENS. New York PostDecember 24, 2005 A rapper who describes himself as a "Wild Cowboy" allegedly acted like an Old West gunslinger this week when he waved a large pistol at three teens in Harlem, police said yesterday.Hip hop star Sadat X, of the group Brand Nubian, allegedly boasted "I'm going to kill everybody" as he flashed a loaded .40-caliber black Beretta at a group of 18-year-olds at West 158th Street and Broadway Thursday, according to cops.Police sources said X also told the youths, "I'm looking for a guy with braids."After cops from the 33rd Precinct were called to the scene, the victims pointed out X, who was still standing across the street with the pistol.When police attempted to arrest the 37-year-old, whose real name is Derek Murphy, he ran. He was tackled quickly.He was arraigned yesterday in Manhattan Supreme Court on charges of criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment and resisting arrest.Sadat X and Brand Nubian are most famous for the 1993 song "Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down."

Comments

• No diss to you....but to the motherfucker that worte this......

whats the point of making this shit up?

• I hope this isn't true

• No diss to you....but to the motherfucker that worte this......

whats the point of making this shit up?

Huh? Is this not true...?
    People do stupid things... but I didn't think he'd be this stupid. He always comes across as a reasonably switched on dude, but why would they make this up???

I thought he taught in a school in Harlem, so the connection seemed correct...

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/60190.htm

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Wow, I'm really more surprised that such incompetent writing actually made it to print.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Wow, I'm really more surprised that such incompetent writing actually made it to print.

Dude, it's the NY Post. Expect little less than incompetence.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I've never read the NY Post. I had no idea.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    He's one of the last people I would think who would be this stupid... Wouldn't this jepoardise his day job as a casual schoolteacher?

HARLEM HIP-HOPPER'S GUN RAP[/b]
    By JOE McGURK and HASANI GITTENS. New York Post
    December 24, 2005

A rapper who describes himself as a "Wild Cowboy" allegedly acted like an Old West gunslinger this week when he waved a large pistol at three teens in Harlem, police said yesterday.
    Hip hop star Sadat X, of the group Brand Nubian, allegedly boasted[/b] "I'm going to kill everybody" as he flashed a loaded .40-caliber black Beretta at a group of 18-year-olds at West 158th Street and Broadway Thursday, according to cops.
    That's a huge "allegedly". That really doesn't seem like Sadat X... but maybe the christmas spirit got to him?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

I've never read the NY Post. I had no idea.

Pretty standard for the post, part of the murdoch/fox-news juggernaut. Columbia Journalism Review called the Post "a force for evil"...

• So does this mean he's Derek X again and not Sadat X? Man this may get confusing.... I would like to hear the otherside of the story.... Maybe he was filming a Reality TV show or maybe he was shooting the Video for the Punks Jump up to get beat down Braided Remix???? Shoot, Derek X Kicks Flava! "Now Huey Newton got slain and we all felt the pain of Yuseff Hawkins..." Classic no matter what!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

will this be on wax?

• will this be on wax?

since months
    http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/199815-01.htm&highlight=sadat
    a few good tracks are on it