appreciation

mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I'm just sayin....Not that raer but This was on constant rotation when I picked it up but it's been a couple years since I broke it out...Sounding damn good while I sip this brew!

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, that is def one of his better ones. Do you got the double lp on Blue Thumb?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Is think I may. I have to go check the garage. I picked most of his shit up in a lot a couple years back.. I beleive I have a double and the one with the Elephant on the cover that was kinda Ehhhh for me.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    HMmm after more thought I don't think I have a double Masekla. Whats on it?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's got a good early version of Larry Willis' "Inner Crisis". Think the lp is called "Home is where the music is". pretty good record. Vaguely Strata East-esque.

• go see this dude live if you ever have the chance. I saw him at the House of Blues in LA back in like 1999 or so, and it was AWESOME! Hippies, fratboys, and Medeski Martin and Wood fans all dancing in circles with their hands in the air to 17 minute long smooth-afro-jazz-funk.

• He did a jazz master class in the same place that I work. I was closing up one night and hear 'grazing in the grass' coming from the room above me. I'm like, damn someone's covering this track real well. Come to find out I missed the man himself in a lecture and jam session.