would it bother you if (bros before hoes related)

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
so i went out drinking last night with a bunch of friends. one of them, my female roomate, had just finished finals so she planned to go out hard, actually we all did. needless to say she's probably one of the closest female friends i have, almost like a sister. so we were out doing our shit and whatever, drinking quite a bit. we hit the club and one of my best friends and my roomate start getting pretty freaky on the dance floor while the rest of us sort of dance awkwardly around them. at the time i didnt really think much of it, other than these two people are pretty drunk and are just having a good time, but on the walk home one of my buddies was like they're bout to hook up dude and i was like hell no. we walk to a homies car and say our goodbyes, and sure enough my best friend who was supposed to go back home with them comes back home with me and my roomie at which point i was pretty sure shit was going down. we get home and i go into my room and my friend follows me and asks me straight up, "would it be awkward if i hooked up with your roomate?" i thought about it for maybe 10 second and said honestly that i thought it was awkward, but it was pretty obvious that he really wanted to. keep in mind we were all still pretty drunk so our judgement wasnt exactly the greatest. he told me there's been sexual tension between them for a while now which i hadn't picked up on at all, and on the walk home i guess they were talking about how they didn't want to fuck up their friendship with me. i basically tell him that the idea of a drunken hook up between two of my best friends weirded me out, but i also didn't want to be a cock blocker and just told him to do his shit. he did. i proceeded to sit in my room contemplating everything that was going on and as i started to sober up shit started to bug me more and more, but i couldn't exactly pinpoint why. i mean these are two of my closest friends, the girl like a sister, and dude like a brother to me, so i should feel good about them hooking up right? i went to bed thinking i might feel better in the morning, but here i am writing this while they're asleep, still buggin. so bottom line, how would you feel in a similar situation? do i have a right to feel like this somehow crosses some moral boundaries in our friendships, or am i just tripping?

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    unless youre ghey, you want her. enough of the "like a sister" talk.

its obvious.

oh and the bros before hoes thing doesnt quite apply here.

thats when you dis your old friends to constantly be w/ your new fling that no one knows.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

its obvious.

LOL! True dat.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Don't sweat that shit man. They're still your friends right? Who cares who fucks who really. She's not your girlfriend, she's your roommate, and she's a big girl who can make her own decisions. And so is he. This could be the beginning of a beautiful lifelong relationship. Sounds cool to me, this typa shit happens all the time.

• i'm in a similar situation myself, except i saw the shit coming from a mile away. basically i am cool with it... they are both awesome people and seem to be really happy together. but i do feel awkward sometimes. i would say it is okay to feel weird about it, but don't expect them to listen (and act accordingly) to your feelings about it. motherfuckers are gonna do what they damn well please.

• If it were bothering me, it would probably be because: (1) I wanted this girl all along, and (2) I wasn't dating anyone at the time. And as Sly Stone once sang, "nobody wants to be left out..."[/b]

At least she asked you beforehand...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    seems like you have latent feelings of more-than-a-sister for her. i, being an only child, have always thought it would be cool to have a hot sister, and have never understood the concept for which is troubling you. at least you'll only have to pick up one x-mas present.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i'm in a similar situation myself, except i saw the shit coming from a mile away. basically i am cool with it... they are both awesome people and seem to be really happy together. but i do feel awkward sometimes. i would say it is okay to feel weird about it, but don't expect them to listen (and act accordingly) to your feelings about it. motherfuckers are gonna do what they damn well please.

if they started going out, i think that would be pretty coool. but the vibes i was getting definitely spoke otherwise.

pickwick-you're right about the not dating one at the time thing. actually, i think it's a bit of jealousy. my homie is sort of like the pimp of my group of friends. he seems to always have a girlfriend but he just broke up with his last one and is single for the first time in a long time. all my friends i think are a little jealous of him, cause he pretty much gets ass whenever he wants.

• seems like you have latent feelings of more-than-a-sister for her. i, being an only child, have always thought it would be cool to have a hot sister, and have never understood the concept for which is troubling you. at least you'll only have to pick up one x-mas present.

why does dude have to have feelings for her? that is the easy diagnosis. maybe he does really think of her like a sister. i know i wouldn't feel right if one of my boys tried to hook up with my sister. that shit just ain't right. but luckily, i don't have a sister, so i don't have to sweat some shit like that:)

• unless youre ghey, you want her. enough of the "like a sister" talk.
    its obvious.

its obvious.

its obvious.

its obvious.

Developing a crush on roommates comes with the terrority when you live with people of the opposite sex.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    yeah, I cant figure out why you would care. I mean, I had roomates and I didnt care who they fucked.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i forgot to mention that during our pre-hookup discussion, i asked my boy if he would feel weird if he were in the same situation. he said yes, so the feeling's universal.

• pickwick-you're right about the not dating one at the time thing.

It's a "laugh and the world laughs with you" kinda deal. When you're single, everybody else is hooking up. When you have a lover, the rest of the world is one big stag party.

actually, i think it's a bit of jealousy. my homie is sort of like the pimp of my group of friends. he seems to always have a girlfriend but he just broke up with his last one and is single for the first time in a long time. all my friends i think are a little jealous of him, cause he pretty much gets ass whenever he wants.

If she didn't choose him, or more importantly YOU, would you feel better if it were someone that you didn't know?

pickwick-you're right about the not dating one at the time thing. actually, i think it's a bit of jealousy. my homie is sort of like the pimp of my group of friends. he seems to always have a girlfriend but he just broke up with his last one and is single for the first time in a long time. all my friends i think are a little jealous of him, cause he pretty much gets ass whenever he wants.

If you had someone to take home maybe you'd bee focused on other things.

its obvious.

its obvious.

its obvious.

its obvious.

its obvious.

its obvious.

its obvious.

its obvious.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    That's a rough one to swallow. Your sexy cool roomate banging your friend... in your own crib. The nerve!

I have a super hot sexy friend who, thankfully, I don't live with and am thus shielded whenever she gets some "weekend ass." But my girlfriend (also sexy and cool) always is like, "You want her." Somewhere deep down, that might be partially true (i.e.: I'd tap). But not right now. Anyways, a little distance from these types of things always is helpful. I don't know how I'd handle being drunk, listening to the headboard bang against the wall, while I can (a.) "turn on the computer" or (b.) try to fall asleep.

Ultimately, you are a little too close for comfort, and I would refrain from giving any advice whatsoever to either your friend or your roomate. You're not exactly an objective onlooker, if you know what I mean.

I say, Bite your tongue and wait it out. Maybe it ends nicely. But probably not. The best you can do is keep cool with both of them.

i forgot to mention that during our pre-hookup discussion, i asked my boy if he would feel weird if he were in the same situation. he said yes, so the feeling's universal.

of course he did. he wanted ass.

are you a guy?

• i forgot to mention that during our pre-hookup discussion, i asked my boy if he would feel weird if he were in the same situation. he said yes, so the feeling's universal.

The only thing I'd feel weird about (assuming you have no feelings for her) is being the confidant of these two people. So you get the dirt from both sides. They're going to hookup with or without your approval. Just reason it out in your head.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Where is the record related content in this post? This seems like a bad young adult film plot.

BAN

• You call your sister a hoe?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Where is the record related content in this post? This seems like a bad young adult film plot.

BAN

The record-related question is: What record would you listen to to drown out the sex sounds of your best friend kickin' it hard to your roomie?

My choice:

"Another Bites the Dust."

• Where is the record related content in this post? This seems like a bad young adult film plot.

BAN

The record-related question is: What record would you listen to to drown out the sex sounds of your best friend kickin' it hard to your roomie?

My choice:

"Another Bites the Dust."

"My Best Friend's Girl"

When you have a lover[/b] ...

this word is so 1800's.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    shit just got more fucked up. my roomate just walked into my room and basically denied that they hooked up, when i know for a fact due to certain aural cues that they did.

friends lying to friends? what the fuck is that?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    shit just got more fucked up. my roomate just walked into my room and basically denied that they hooked up, when i know for a fact due to certain aural cues that they did.

It's true, they were playing scrabble all night long.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    it's ok to admit you have feelings for her, it'll be a huge weight lifted off your shoulders. This is the internet, your secret is safe. HAH

but whatever you do, do not get involved as their emotional dump off. Hearing about their daily issues will really mess your head up. SON DON"T RISK IT!

It's nothin that new trim cant solve.

time to start planning your new years resolutions.

may old acquaintances be forgot?

you care about this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

at this rate you will end up looking like this: