At what point do you lose interest in a site?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
hi soulstrut!

- Paychips

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    im starting to lose interest here....

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i'm lost

it helps to take a multiple year hiatus.. things look better on the return trip, to a certain extent.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I've been struggling with the answer to this question, too. Yet I'm still checking up just as often, but posting much less.

NO ONE EVER REALLY LEAVES.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    the curse of Record Day.......or whatever the hell that day was called

i told you fuckers that shit was a terrible idea.......a gang of cornball dudes came to visit and now they wont fucking leave....

and instead of forcing them out (like it used to be done)......my people are moving instead

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Co-sign.
    That was like givin' out government cheese day.

• The present lameness is keeping my interest alive, waiting to see if it'll ever go back to the "good old days"

I suggest newer people be "put on trial" and "executed" if found guilty...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

i told you fuckers that shit was a terrible idea.......a gang of cornball dudes came to visit and now they wont fucking leave....

and instead of forcing them out (like it used to be done)......my people are moving instead

ditto ... some flexing is needed around here.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Maybe a designated Hatter/Calladudeout/Bully/bouncer/sargentatarms.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

Maybe a designated Hatter/Calladudeout/Bully/bouncer/sargentatarms.

we already have one: moderhatter myhattency .... we just need to commission him on some new projects

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I suggest newer people be "put on trial" and "executed" if found guilty...

ouch. I got my own board at Freestylesession.com, but the bboy scene/site itself became lame. I was on Giant Robot for a while, but everybody there was pretty cliquey, and not really friendly at all. Then I was on the Mars Volta's Inertiatic board for a while, because alot of my friends visited that site. I had to leave there, because they wouldn't BAN the obnoxious people. Even made my own soulseek room that's still pretty populated. Everywhere I went though I was always the music nerd sonning people daily. I eventually got sick of that. Soulstrut was a site I would seldomly check out. I finally took the plunge (pre-record day). Now I'm happy to say the knowledge and music geekery of this site has dwarfed my ego. Now I feel like I don't know anything at all. For that I am eternally grateful.

- spidey

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I remember when wiley 's used to get out of existance.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I remember when wiley 's used to get out of existance.

no shit, right?

I just think people are burnt out.

I have no problem welcoming new people to the site and there's been alot of quality people who have joined in the last 6 mo. or so, but when you come on here talking shit or mocking people without even making yourself known, you need to go.

I don't give a fuck how long you've lurked and what opinions you may have formed about people. You know us, but we don't know you.

• taking over ...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I have no problem welcoming new people to the site and there's been alot of quality people who have joined in the last 6 mo. or so, but when you come on here talking shit or mocking people ( exept The Mack )[/b] without even making yourself known, you need to go.

I don't give a fuck how long you've lurked and what opinions you may have formed about people. You know us, but we don't know you.

PS/I'm just kiddin' The Mack,

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Hi Jay... MSN...?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    hi soulstrut!

- Paychips

whatever ho!

i think paycheck just needs to step up his sonning game.

• I remember when wiley 's used to get out of existance.

I have no problem welcoming new people to the site and there's been alot of quality people who have joined in the last 6 mo. or so, but when you come on here talking shit or mocking people without even making yourself known, you need to go.

Word, I agree. I'm new to posting on SS myself so I'm probably not one to talk, but from what I've seen there's definitely a hand full of "little dudes" who I wouldn't mind seeing banned.

It's one thing to come on here with the intent to share knowledge and another to come on here hoping to show it.

But for the most part, I have to admit, SS is a lot less cliquey and elitest than I thought it was. I was hesistent to come on here for a long time, but I'm glad I did.

From what I can tell, there's a lot of really friendly, like-minded cats on here and I'm just happy to be posting with y'all.

The genuine always weed out the fraudelant -- it's just a matter of time.

Peas.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    This thread is exactly where my head is at. I've been lurking like a foll lately just not even trying to get involved with all the crying that's going on around here. Its fuckin boring. Gotta say though, its good to see the return of folks like Ness. Reminds me of my lurking days when I was trying to figure this shit out.