Help me kill mice.

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Seriously, these little fuckers have gotten to smart to go into the traps I set. I tried to be nice - I used those "live traps" first. nope. Then I started setting the real ones - got a few of 'em, but now they wise to me. I'm about to wile out & get some of those damn glue traps. I used to think those were the apex of man's cruelty to animalkind, but I'm gettin' pissed here. they are have god damn little mouse parties while I sleep.Does anyone have any good advice/murder fantasies about mice?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I get my mice stoned.

they just fall asleep then and I can sweep them up into a shoebox and take them to that one neighbor that yells at the kids.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I WANT THEM DEAD!!!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Get a good mouser. Cats will do.

I can't have pets. I'm in an apartment.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Well the mice are already there. You could borrow one for a few days.

• it seems to me that if you live in an apartment you are at the mercy of the other tenants' living habits. i say you complain to your neighbors.

Well the mice are already there. You could borrow one for a few days.

hmmmm.....

not a bad idea....

it seems to me that if you live in an apartment you are at the mercy of the other tenants' living habits. i say you complain to your neighbors.

Well, it's more like a bungalo. no real neighbors, but we're near fields. I'm not sure how possible it is to stop them from getting in.

• why do you want them gone from your bungalow?

why do you want them gone from your bungalow?

HAHA!

they leave mice terds & chew things.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

oh whoops- wrong thread ,sorry

butt pirate!

• a spring trap with some peanut butter never fails...

a spring trap with some peanut butter never fails...

thta's what I thought! Bitch ass mice stopped falling for it. I even used BACON!

BACON!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

butt pirate!

why all the hostility you homophobe? jeez

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    "a spring trap with some peanut butter never fails..."[/b]

butt pirate!

why all the hostility you homophobe? jeez

It's to mask my antisemitism, DUH!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    human sacrifice

• You tried these yet? I found out we had a mouse in our basement last year. I wasn't really wanting to use the normal spring-loaded trap because I didn't really want to have to touch a mouse carcass. I tried these D-Con No View/No Touch traps and sure enough I caught the little fucker in one night. Basically you put in the bait (cheese, peanut butter, whatever) through the bottom, twist the top until it sets, and gently set down the trap. The mouse smells the bait, walks in through the hole on the side, and once it gets to the middle I guess it presses a lever or something and the thing uncoils and I guess crushes the mouse inside the trap. It's got a little indicator that tells you if the trap has gone off, which doesn't necessarily tell you that it caught a mouse but just that the trap deployed for one reason or another. I found that sometimes they just set themselves off since they're spring-loaded but mostly they just stay set until a mouse sets it off. If a mouse is in it you'll feel the weight and you'll know you caught one.

Like I said, I don't know if you've tried these or not but I used them and it worked pretty well.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

thta's what I thought! Bitch ass mice stopped falling for it. I even used BACON!

BACON!

Sounds like they got LOTS to eat then. Gotta be the neighbours or something feedin 'em well.

• any hommys got a cat you can use for a few days? just a thought. peace, stein. . .

• We got mice at the record store I work at. They don't really come out much but we can't leave food there over night. Funny thing is, we're next to a weed co-op, so every now and then we'll see some lone mouse just sitting and spacing out, I think they get into the stock next door! What kind of mouse just chills?

Seriously, we had a mouse problem when I was a kid, Mom ended up going with the sticky sheets, some gruesome shit. I'd say use it as a last resort as it's a nasty way to dispose of these little guys, but it does work. Cat's work too, still kinda nasty but you could argue that it's natural I guess.
    -J

• get some mice-venom.

grind it to dust / little pieces

get a mars bar

flatten it

mix the two

roll little chunks of the mixture

distribute

wash hands

• If you catch a female mouse,

just rub it's pussy on a trap.

If they get wise to that,

you have gay mice.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

BACON!

Sounds like they got LOTS to eat then. Gotta be the neighbours or something feedin 'em well.

You need a combination of stuff - mouse poison and traps. Glue traps are brutal but they do work. Snap traps also work well, although I did end up decapitating two squeakers which was pretty revolting to clean up. Secret of baiting the traps is to use really tiny amounts - it's just the smell that attracts them, you don't have to set out a meal. A little chocolate smeared onto a trap worked well...

At a different place we used sonic repellers to get rid of the rats - one under the floorboards and two in the house. Seemed to work pretty fast. You can tell I've lived in some nice places.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    man..i hate to say, but the little bastards just won't reason "honestly fellas...I'll pay your train ticket back to the big field if you'll just leave me and my wife alone".

so after the sonic traps to defer them didn't work, plugging up holes failed, and traps that went off with no provocation, we used the sticky glue traps. They work very well, and it is gruesome and horrible. They do work incredibly well however. Break down and use them.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    If it comes to it, I say burn down the house. That'll teach 'em.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    we had an uncatchable mouse for weeks and weeks.. would eat al lthe bait never set off the trap... crafty bastrd

we got mouse poison and sprinkled it EVERYWHERE we knew he could get in or had been... thus he had to walk through the poison to get ANYTHING

he was still comin in and chewin on shit and waking us up every night... so i took the trap... set the bait.. and covered the ENTIRE trap in popcorn and poison to disguise it.. and figuring if he grabbed the popcorn that would be poinsed too.

anyhow caught him the first night with the poison mountain trap...

worst mouse cath of all time was this time the lady above us had a mouse and somehow chased it into OUR apartment... the thing was running around our bedroom all confused.. my cat had NO interest in catching it either... so im running around trying to catch this lil fucker and he somhow starts climbing up the curtains.. STRAIGHT up .. just nutty.. he gets to the top and start running back and forth across the curtain rod... shoe in hand i gave him a nice smack and that was the end of that.

worst thing about mice is my wife screams like an unconsolable lil girl at the slightest glimpse of one of them...

• cat is definitely the most effective permanent solution aside from poisoning your hole spot up.
    i just borrowed my hommie's 2 cats for a week and they decapitated one moue after torturing it for an entire day (i had to eat my cereal and brush my teteh while they batted the fucker all over my apartment)
    havent seen a mouse for a month. scent , i guess.

now in the high school where i work, i run a food room. so there are definitely mice all over the damn place. i aint having it. so we gotta keep the room mad swept and extra cleaned. i dont even trust that shit to the cleaning staff. i mop my damn self with hot ass water.
    twice a week i lay down glue traps right by shelves that they might get a desire to climb. i catch all these little baby mice and sometimes they are still squirming on the traps. usually i come into work the next day and they are dead, eyes bulging out, a pile of shit on the trap next to them. no more shit on shelves or food that got nibbled.

if theyre still live, you put em in a bag and crush them or sufocate them. crushing is probably nicer to the mouse.

• Get a good mouser. Cats will do.

cosiggy. cats love mice. a good hunter as well.