dcastillo's mix @ Turntable Lab (on the daily)

hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
CONGRATS

"""This is one of those mixes that comes through here about once a year that just makes you stop and give a holy chitt. And not because he???s come with something cooler than thou, or a totally new genre of mashup or anything. It???s all about the execution. From packaging to sound levels, David Castillo put that work in on this mix and the result is such a finely tuned labor of love that you can???t help being impressed. The concept is a b-boy mix, and David takes it to both classics & rares- remixing, editing, blending, sampling and all that. Never playing anything too long, never playing anything you???re sick to death of. Kinda flawless.
""""

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    CONGRATS

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    CONGRATS

• Congrats! This is a really really good mix!

• congrats man!!! Surprised to see they actually update the site more than...twice a year. That's a damn good mix too.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    CONGRATS

"Batten Down Your Snuff Holder" b/w "Minnesota Bitchkiller"

Where's Terry C. with the footworkin'?

• this mix is disgusting...wish I would've hear it six months ago when it was posted

:soontobecopped:

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I have a mix in my playlist that I must have dl'ed a couple of month ago. It's not tagged and the file name is BBOY TREATS.mp3. Is this the mix in question? If so, it's great.

• Congrat's man. One of my favorites this year. Thanks.

SONIC

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts

Anymore tunes in the pipeline? I still playout your others.

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    This is one of those mixes that comes through here about once a year that just makes you stop and give a holy chitt. And not because he???s come with something cooler than thou, or a totally new genre of mashup or anything. It???s all about the execution. From packaging to sound levels, David Castillo put that work in on this mix and the result is such a finely tuned labor of love that you can???t help being impressed. The concept is a b-boy mix, and David takes it to both classics & rares- remixing, editing, blending, sampling and all that. Never playing anything too long, never playing anything you???re sick to death of. Kinda flawless.

Preach On!!!! tha chior is listening!!!

Congratso D

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Kinda flawless.

pfft.

JK, nice one d!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This and Tom's 2000 posts mix have not left the CD changer in months.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I have a mix in my playlist that I must have dl'ed a couple of month ago. It's not tagged and the file name is BBOY TREATS.mp3. Is this the mix in question? If so, it's great.

BBOY Treats is brohan Tom Delay's mixx--another one that has been recently packaged. (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

• So what?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

BBOY Treats is brohan Tom Delay's mixx--another one that has been recently packaged. (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

Thank ye???