Farrakhan Speaks on Nas and Jay!

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Farrakhan Speaks on Nas and Jay!AS-SALAAM ALAIKUM.In the name of Allah, The Beneficent and The Merciful. We thank Him for allowing Brother Nas to claim glorious victory in the one and only true battle of Winter 2001, and We thank Him for Brother Jay-Z humbling himself once more by calling on Brother Nas, his most worthy conqueror, to join him in putting an end to the negativity and violence that is plaguing Hip-Hop. I am ever grateful to Allah for moving the spirits of these two dynamic and intelligent artists to see beyond the past and combine their talents for a cause that is so much greater than them. We wish them well in their quest to restore meaning and balance to the Hip-Hop community, a community that is spiritually bankrupt and morally shattered. May Allah bless them.Brothers and Sisters, as I recounted all of the events leading up to, and especially those after Brother Nas' defeat of Brother Jay-Z, I was struck by something that I do not believe We, as a people, have ever addressed. It is something that is very serious. Its gravity cannot be overstated. And I believe that we have not ever really spoken of this deadly problem because we do not recognize just how corrosive and poisonous it is to us. It destroys the human spirit with such silent efficiency that it can only be corrected through the grace and will of Allah. So, Today, my dear Brothers and Sisters, within the context of Brother Nas' defeat of Brother Jay-Z, I want to talk to you about...losing. Now, losing has been a part of the human condition forever. Lucifer lost his divinity. Adam and Eve lost their innocence. Pharaoh lost his empire. So, you see losing is a very serious matter. The very act of losing suggests an impending doom. If you have ever experienced a loss, and I'm sure we all have to varying degrees, you'll recall that initial feeling of dread. You knew, deep down in your soul, that nothing would ever be the same. It burns you slowly, don't it? *Wide Farrakhan smile*(*the joint he makes when he knows he's said something good)Yes, Brothers and Sisters, so, when Brother Nas told Brother Jay-Z that the very words he spoke would eventually--slowly and surely--completely vaporize his entire soul, he knew very well of which he spoke. This is why Brother Nas is so intelligent and great at what he does. As a person who has lost something, he knows what losing can do to a person lacking the divine guidance of Almighty Allah. And he knows that we hurt the most when we lose that which is dearest to us. Brother Jay-Z wanted to be recognized as the best more than anything. And he was well on his way, armed with the knowledge that anything worth having would require taking a risk. However, by choosing to engage Brother Nas, Brother Jay-Z risked everything. And in the Hip-Hop community, among MCs, your reputation as a lyricist is everything you have. So, doing battle with a lyrically superior MC, such as Brother Nas, is extremely serious. Now, after his song "Takeover," it seemed to all observers that Brother Jay-Z had his dream firmly in hand. The song was a blow to Brother Nas. Brother Jay-Z and his followers celebrated far and wide for months. Brother Jay-Z was the undisputed King of the land. His ego, growing with each unit scanned and review written, grew tall enough to incur the wrath of The Most High. And as He did with ol' Pharaoh and Caesar, God was already planning his fate. *Farrakhan smile*See, God don't like rulers who are unfit to rule. Persons in positions of power have a responsibility to use their power for the greater good, not to talk about how great they are. Nobody wanna hear all that mess when their kids can't walk down the street without gettin' shot or stabbed or raped. *Crowd erupts* *FOI stands* That kind of leadership serves no purpose in the eyes of Allah. And that which serves no purpose to Allah cannot be. Every *thing* has purpose, until Allah wills it to be without purpose. So, you ask: What was the purpose of allowing Brother Jay-Z to reign in Summer 2001? Oh, Brothers and Sisters, have we not learned anything from history? Over and Over, God has allowed wicked men to rule for the purpose of showing His people who is the only true ruler. So, in the case of Brother Jay-Z, God gave him a little taste of glory and set him up to lose. He said he will not lose, but what happened? Calling himself Jay-Hova! Prancing around the whole summer acting like a god! You ain't no God, Brother! There is no God but Allah and he proved it again when he let Brother Nas set your soul on fire! He used Nas as Moses used his staff, a tool of destruction for those who dare challenge Him. You don't challange God!*FOI stands*(over applause) When you hear "I will teach you The King, you know you not" that's not Nasir Jones talking. That's God talking through Brother Nas, lettin' Brother Jay's ass know that his time is up! *Crowd explodes**Farrakhan mean mug, scanning the crowd*(over crowd)That's God's words! Listen to Him speak;*I* will burn your soul like Ether*I* will teach The King*I* will prove you lost alreadyYou nothing but a dickriding faggot! You ain't no match for me! That's Allah talking!!!!!*venue shakes**quiets down after 120 seconds**Farrakhan smile*Jay lost. He lost everything. If you heard him on the radio station, Hot 97 sometime after the people deemed him a loser, you'll recall how broken and detached he sounded. He was lost. He lost. He has never fully recovered from it. No one ever truly recovers from a loss. This is why if you say to a Jay-Z fan the words "Jay lost" they get emotional. Ya know, something deep down in 'em starts to bother them a little. They start acting a little funny, don't they? That's because being reminded of their loss awakens in them all the feelings they felt in that time immediately after the loss. It's like smelling the favorite perfume of an ex-girlfriend or seeing a dearly departed loved one's favorite movie on the TV. It just hits 'em funny. In the name of Allah...Jay lost.

Comments