Eh, not really dudes.

2»

Comments

• nessness 249 Posts
    prince vince is what's up! gangster funk!

dude i gotta get you a fresh boys. that's one i always forget about.

• i'm looking forward to finally hearing the ultimate mid-west rap record.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Prince Vince kinda blows

• nessness 249 Posts
    Prince Vince kinda blows

i guess.

different. not super well produced. but for here it's a kinda important record.

but i mean yeah it's not Robert Lowe Put Your Legs Up High looped up with some dude rhyming like a wannabe Rakim over it.

But hey.

...and it's not from Chicago.

I'd say I've found about 20-30 small label Detroit rap records in my day, and I'll be damned if they didnt all blow. Detroits Most Wanted has 1 or 2 decent cuts. Theres that red cover LP I cant think of the naem, but looks real crude, and its got a tombstone on it saying like "Hip Hop R.I.P" from 88. You want it to be so good, and its so bad.

That said, I think Chicagos got Detroit beat in the quantity and quality random rap department.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

randomrapstrut.

• nessness 249 Posts
    That said, I think Chicagos got Detroit beat in the quantity and quality random rap department.

Connosieurs Of Groove or whatever. Yeah I wouldn't refute that Chicago might have us beat on quantity. But there's a good amount of really quality Detroit pieces.

Is there anything better than Kaos and Maestro????

• nessness 249 Posts
    Is there anything better than Kaos and Maestro????

YES. FAR SUPERIOR.

IT'S ALL ABOUT MAESTRO'S ON THE FLEX.

I mean that One World stuff is kinda hit and miss. Kao's is a pretty decent lyricist, dude was doing multi's and stuff in like 89???

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Chicago's ribs are better in both the quality and quantity department. Though I haven't had any ribs in Detroit, but I'm still willing to wager my wage on it.

• nessness 249 Posts
    Chicago's ribs are better in both the quality and quantity department. Though I haven't had any ribs in Detroit, but I'm still willing to wager my wage on it.

SO FULL CIRCLE.

SHIT IS WORKING ON MANY LEVELS.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

SO FULL CIRCLE.

SHIT IS WORKING ON MANY LEVELS.

I didn't even get into what is more important on a rap 12".... sauce or meat preparation?

• Prince Vince kinda blows

i guess you could say that about "change", but i really like "gangster funk".
    the mercury 12" i haven't heard.