CANADIA DRIVING STEEZ - "What's REALLY hood?"

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Driving from Ottawa to Toronto, on a Wednesday, in January. How long should this actually take me? Like real life driving time?ANSWERS IMMEDIATELY, PEOPLE!!!

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    4 and a half. I sometimes do it in 4.

Slow ass drivers 5-6

I'm driving to Ottawa from Toronto on Friday and back on Monday.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Okay. I'll be in Ottawa on the 11th and Toronto on the 12th.

Should I let the ladies know in both cities of ur upcoming presence?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yes.

Plus I'm bringing Pase Rock and Spankrock with me.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    4 and a half. I sometimes do it in 4.

Slow ass drivers 5-6

What he said - getting in and out of Ottawa is the main issue...

• What he said - getting in and out of Ottawa is the main issue...

Beware the Canadian Army.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    dude you're crazy, what are you doing, 140-150 the whole way?

it's usually 5hrs, if you go 120km which is roughly 75mph. Also more likely than not you'll see some snow along the way. Especially from Kingston to Toronto, with all the lake effect snow.

ps: it's perfectly acceptible to go over the speed limit by 20km, on hwys that is.

• Options
    Wave to the Avro Aero for me. When are you here?

K.

• Options
    Wave to the Avro Aero for me. When are you here?

K.

In January, you could run into some white out type ish. Ottawa is cold in January.

K.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Yeah, 4 hours is a bit unrealisitc, esp. in the winter. I'd imagine 5 is more likely. It'll probably be fucking cold in Ottawa, so dress warm. Looking forward to the show, though!

Ottawa has a range of temperatures from a record high of +37.8??C (100??F) in the summer of 1986 to a record low of -36.1??C (-33??F) being recorded in the winter of 1943, making it the second coldest capital city in the world (after Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia).

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

it's usually 5hrs, if you go 120km which is roughly 75mph. Also more likely than not you'll see some snow along the way. Especially from Kingston to Toronto, with all the lake effect snow.

ps: it's perfectly acceptible to go over the speed limit by 20km, on hwys that is.

is it that far?

it only takes me 5 hours to drive to montreal from toronto?

but i leave at 5:30am and go 130 the entire time

• SooksSooks 714 Posts

is it that far?

it only takes me 5 hours to drive to montreal from toronto?

but i leave at 5:30am and go 130 the entire time

It's because TO - Ottawa is not a direct route, whereas TO - MTL is pretty straight.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Alien, you've got it all wrong. You don't want to be driving to Toronto from Ottawa. Turn the car around, and drive to beautiful Fredericton. There's nothing there, but I'll show you a good time. We can dig for pipe band raer and smoke giant maritime joints (giant being necessary an account of inferior gutter weed).

If there's a storm or bad weather maybe...

What routes do people take? Anyone that takes that route through tweed makes it longgggg...

I also don't stop while driving.

The 4 hour deal is when I drive it after midnight. But I've done 4 and a half many times. I'll keep track friday and post my findings.

What he said - getting in and out of Ottawa is the main issue...

Beware the Canadian Army.

Dude, how could you think thats Canada? I mean... It's got .uk in the link

RESPECT our military. We sent you packing once. Mind you, it's the size of my grandfather legion now. But we could still beat up on Rochester or something.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

don't forget to holler at your boy blaz.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

don't forget to holler at your boy blaz.

Blaz you better make it out. We have radio during the day and then the show at night at The Boat. Last time in TDot KinCanada, MsBassie, Aser, AlieNDN, DOR, Slush, few more strutters made it out. It was dope. My schedule looks like this:

1/10/06 - Ottawa
    1/11/06 - Toronto
    1/12/06 - Calgary
    1/13/06 - San Francisco
    1/14/06 - Vancouver
    1/17/06 - Los Angeles

There may be an extra date thrown in there somewhere.

I've been promising myself that I will actually take some time to come to Toronto and actually chill, although this time seems like it just didn't happen. However giving myself a few days to soak in the city has been real big on the top of my list for a minute now.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Blaz you better make it out. We have radio during the day and then the show at night at The Boat.

which radio station/ show?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This one supposedly.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    This one supposedly.

i had a show there for six years. then they moved to new digs and it kinda killed the vibe for us. well, that and doing a sunday night show for six years.

good people there and best campus station in the city still imo.

i will see you in January sweets.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dope.

Expect like real promo blast this weekend. Or maybe today. Not sure.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I say we ought to have a meal somewhere.......

let's make that happen.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    me and Ti will be there (with glee). hopefully steve will not get atomically smashed this time and make life mistakes.

line up is huge. i am a pase fan

• I'll have to try to make it out on the 11th! Although I have heard that The Boat stinks of piss...

Toronto - Ottawa trip is realistically 5 hours. Budget for that and you won't be upset or late.

• i was detained at the ottowa border for two hours because i didn't have papers to come in and DJ. i thought they were going to impound the car, my computer, records, etc. they ended up googling me (way to go, border patrol!) and found out the party i was playing was a private event and since no tickets were being sold they were able to let me go. still sucked though. look out.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    this is kind of a big deal. When Kream came to play last year the canadian border called my house to find out what was up. It was a private christmas party so he got through, but those dudes at the border are really pissed about American DJ's coming over the border to play here. Watch out, is all im saying. make stuff up, or theyll send you back

• It was a private christmas party so he got through, but those dudes at the border are really pissed about American DJ's coming over the border to play here. Watch out, is all im saying. make stuff up, or theyll send you back

They're stealing all our jobs!

Seriously though, of al things, isn't DJing... well... not really important? You'd think they'd be more upset about "real" jobs. Or do they just not like "American" music?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    skimmed this post fast as i'm late for work....where's your gig? would love to check it out.

oh and i just came back from Ottawa this past weekend (went to watch a Leaf's game in Ottawa where they got slaughtered 8-2). I'm not a fan of Ottawa, the downtown there is awful from what i saw, like ghost town to the highest extent. anyhow we did like 3 3/4 hours on the way there and 4 hours back. the roads were great despite the "storm" we had last week...driving a Tony Mcelli van.