Turntablelab problems? (transit strike related)

bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
i ordered an ipod as a gift from turntablelab on the 13th, and i still haven't gotten a ups tracking code e-mail (which they have always e-mailed to me when shipping anything). i called both new york numbers to check what was up and there were no answers. could this all be because of the transit strike? anyone else having trouble with a recent turntablelab orders? i'm getting worried...i need to get that damn ipod...thanks if you know anything.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• i ordered an ipod as a gift from turntablelab

any particular reason why you ordered an ipod from them?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

i ordered an ipod as a gift from turntablelab

I heard the ones they sell are more analog

Moderators, feel free to BAN ME!

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i ordered an ipod as a gift from turntablelab

no tax and free shipping at the time.

Jorge - thanks, i appreciate it. lots of help. i feel quite "sonned" by your wonderful antics.

i finally got through to them and they gave me a stock answer, but no shipping info. they said if i don't get it by tonight then to call them again. so we'll see.

the ipod is for someone else, not for myself, by the way.

• i never got a tracking code email for my order from that time (free shipping) either and i received the package last night.

good luck.

i never got a tracking code email for my order from that time (free shipping) either and i received the package last night.

good luck.

that makes me feel a lot better actually. cheers.

• i never got a tracking code email for my order from that time (free shipping) either and i received the package monday.

good luck.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I ordered a 30 gig ipod (an older generation one that was one sale, $250 or $260 I think) from Turntablelab in early December as well.

They called me last week and said they were sold out, so that night I went to Bestbuy and found an open box one for around the same price.

This is my first large sized mp3 player and it's the shit. Since I transferred music onto it, I got space on my laptop again.

I'd call them if I were you - they got a contact number on your receipt that they sent you.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I used to work there, they always have a hard time keeping those shits in stock.

• I got my quantumview notice on the 19th and my records came yesterday - free bump up to 2nd day air too! Though UPS did screw up and take an extra day - "rescheduled" delivery. Turntablelab actually did something nice for a change. None of my records were even warped this time.

• the ipod is for someone else, not for myself, by the way.

shame on you, get your own one.

• I used to work there, they always have a hard time keeping those shits in stock.

major co-sign on this, especially at xmas time. My shop was getting all these announcements from apple, and they told us that Apple was out of stock of ipods for the holidays like 2 weeks ago, so we had to go through other distributors if we wanted them in stock.