SUGGESTIONS FOR A BETTER SOUL STUT

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I'm revamping and redesigning the site subject for a February 1st re: launch. Anything that you would like to see added to soul strut or could enhance your experience here?

Comments

• How about some new ISH?

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Maybe you can add a worldwide diggers-location-guide, wiki-style.

This will save you a fa-fillion 'any spots in Montreal?'-posts.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    -search engine for reviews & ish
    -graemlin & image/quote/url/etc box in the margin for writing posts
    -add strikethru and font size to that

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Can we get back a members list of some kind? Make's it a bit easier when I wanna PM someone.

How about a spot in a members profile where they can put their top 5's on any given subject.

A Soulstrut terms or dictionary section would be kewl.

A girls of Soulstrut calendar or maybe even The gurls of Soulstrut biki team. That go record shows/gigs/etc...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Can we get back a members list of some kind? Make's it a bit easier when I wanna PM someone.

How about a spot in a members profile where they can put their top 5's on any given subject.

A Soulstrut terms or dictionary section would be kewl.

A girls of Soulstrut calendar or maybe even The gurls of Soulstrut biki team. That go record shows/gigs/etc...

I'm going to upgrade this board for sure. Reason why the member list is gone is because there was security issues (remember when the site got hacked once a week?). So the new software fixed that bug... also has some more cool features.

Soul Strut disctionary is a must. You guys should write it, though.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Soul Strut disctionary is a must. You guys should write it, though.

i dont agree. I think part of the charm is that we have this vernacular that the ordinary outsider doesnt know. I like that fact that you have to "put in work" to know what is going on.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I know there was a seperate thread about this but please don't change the orange/grey. Every time I see orange and grey, I think about Soulstrut.com

RAJ, I don't know if this is possible but is there a way that you could update the top 5 on the front page more often? Once a month, every month is my suggestion. I know that kind of sounds kind of weak but I'm just sayin'.

one thing that would make soulstrut beter is if Raj gave me that Donna Kime LP.

But for real, just more reviews, funk 45 reviews, psych rock reviews.... new shit to keep me reading.

i dunno.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    A sick pick once a month would be a bit better too.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    sometimes the board seems like a chatroom, so why not a real chatroom?

just sayin (and a "just sayin" graemlin)

Oh, I agree, DocBeezy on the record reviews. ZomB, a monthly sick pick of the month would be awesome but how could this happen? I mean, would the sick pick (and top 5) come from everyone who was willing to participate? Could RAJ's server hold all of that? Nevertheless, I would love to see more reviews and an updated top 5 monthly.

• GODDAMMIT! WHO IS THAT IN YOUR AVATAR BELLCITY1???

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Oh, I agree, DocBeezy on the record reviews. ZomB, a monthly sick pick of the month would be awesome but how could this happen? I mean, would the sick pick (and top 5) come from everyone who was willing to participate? Could RAJ's server hold all of that? Nevertheless, I would love to see more reviews and an updated top 5 monthly.

Let's face it. I don't have all the time in the world like I use to (damn kids!) That's why I want to recruit a lot of you all to help out with the main site. Timmy digalot will login -- enter a review through an on-line form and poof... it's on the front page of soul strut.. same goes for top 5 audios, ISH features, etc. Also.. there will be a heck of a lot more DJ sets. If this sounds exciting to anybody, please PM me... and I'll give you the key to the site.

Let's face it. I don't have all the time in the world like I use to (damn kids!) That's why I want to recruit a lot of you all to help out with the main site. Timmy digalot will login -- enter a review through an on-line form and poof... it's on the front page of soul strut.. same goes for top 5 audios, ISH features, etc. Also.. there will be a heck of a lot more DJ sets. If this sounds exciting to anybody, please PM me... and I'll give you the key to the site.
    I hear you RAJ. I know you're hella busy and for a dude like me to be making all of these demands is weak. If your still down to do this, expect a PM around Feb. '06.

Phill- I don't know who that is but I need to know, ASAP!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    sometimes the board seems like a chatroom, so why not a real chatroom?

just sayin (and a "just sayin" graemlin)

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    This may be going a bit too far but on the main site it would be great to be able to post and read comments against reviews, a little like Amazon user reviews but much, much shorter. Maybe a function where users can rate the record reviewed with star system and add a sentence or two. Carrying a bit of interactivity over into the main site would be nice, that said, SS is still great and has gone from strength to strength in the time I've been visiting the site - onwards and upwards!

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    some may disagree, but i think ss would be better without the "ghey" graemlin.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I think there should be a function that allows posters to easily donate small sums to their favourite moderators. Maybe five dollar options and ten dollar options? That way people really can pay to post.

• Raj, can we have a separate discussion area just for production techniques? More for the beatmakers and producers...

Kaushik

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Raj, can we have a separate discussion area just for production techniques? More for the beatmakers and producers...

Kaushik

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm down for whatever. This fucking place is my home. Maybe a nice ottoman for me to put my dogs up...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Make it so that I have unlimited power.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Erect a shrine in my honor.

you said erect.

did my boy holla at you.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

you said erect.

did my boy holla at you.

Yes.

About erections.

HAH!

Sike. Yeah he did, I'mma hit him back today.

Now, about that shrine...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Raj, can we have a separate discussion area just for production techniques? More for the beatmakers and producers...

Kaushik

i think that's a good idea

• Maybe you can add a worldwide diggers-location-guide, wiki-style.

This will save you a fa-fillion 'any spots in Montreal?'-posts.

Why would you want people blowing up your spots? I wouldn't mind something similar pushing more well known and established places but I'd hate to have my local secret spot listed for every digger to find.

• Another one already had my idea

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    yo can i get an order of chili cheese fries?