RECORDS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR BUT ALREADY HAVE

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
So I'm checking out the tracklisting for the Boogie Nights soundtrack and notice that got to give it up by Marvin Gaye is on there. I dig this tune a lot and it always gets a good response at parties. I'm thinking I should get this record. Was it only released on 45? Who knew it was on Marvin Gaye live at the Palladium, which I have. I never really listen to that album because his live albums are There it is on side 4 and extended studio version to boot. I'm kind of ashamed that I snoozed. This ever happen to you strutters??? (I know a thread like this has been done before)

Comments

• Yeah, I had "The Dark End of the Street" by James Carr on a comp from the 60s called More For Your Money which i never noticed until after I bought the Carr album.

• what's 'bout "Live at the Palladium"?

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    So I'm checking out the tracklisting for the Boogie Nights soundtrack and notice that got to give it up by Marvin Gaye is on there. I dig this tune a lot and it always gets a good response at parties. I'm thinking I should get this record. Was it only released on 45? Who knew it was on Marvin Gaye live at the Palladium, which I have. I never really listen to that album because his live albums are There it is on side 4 and extended studio version to boot. I'm kind of ashamed that I snoozed. This ever happen to you strutters??? (I know a thread like this has been done before)

Both my copies of this 45 got stolen.
    So yeah, its gets 'good' response a parties only not the response Im looking for..

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    what's 'bout "Live at the Palladium"?

too many medlies....but I'll give it another listen

Both my copies of this 45 got stolen.
    So yeah, its gets 'good' response a parties only not the response Im looking for..

What do you mean? The response is so good that somebody makes off with your records??? All I know is that song is a crowd pleaser.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    All I know is that song is a crowd pleaser.
    I love that song. A great listen for when I'm riding around or at the 'older' club(s). Speaking of that Marvin Gaye album, I saw it last time I was home and straight passed on it. Lil' dude move, I guess...

Hi Prime Cuts.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• My APG Crew LP. It's somewhere in the house, but damn if I can find it. Err-ugh.

• i have sooo many old ktel etc comps now that i constantly am second guessing if i have a song or not. ive probably re-bought the same material in different formats countless times and never knew. Of course, we all know the much more serious problem, buying a record only to discover you already had it. And, is that worse than rebuying a record you DO know you have already - knowing youll keep both? why this bizarre need to provide homes for homeless records? aiieee..

• i have sooo many old ktel etc comps now that i constantly am second guessing if i have a song or not.

k-tel used to fuck with those old 70's hits something terrible. theyd put 10 songs on one side, with cheesy sound, and theyd edit some of those tunes just so everything could fit. no sense in hearing your fave hits hacked up - may as well rebuy that shit!

• So I'm checking out the tracklisting for the Boogie Nights soundtrack and notice that got to give it up by Marvin Gaye is on there. I dig this tune a lot and it always gets a good response at parties. I'm thinking I should get this record. Was it only released on 45? Who knew it was on Marvin Gaye live at the Palladium, which I have. I never really listen to that album because his live albums are There it is on side 4 and extended studio version to boot. I'm kind of ashamed that I snoozed. This ever happen to you strutters??? (I know a thread like this has been done before)

There's a term for this...its called 'Record Alzheimers'. I'm definitely in the 2nd or 3rd stage of it.

$??

• When I was moving last month I realized that I had 3 copies of "Loaded" by the Velvet Underground.

A friend of mine bought the latest Boca45 mixed CD and really dug the Sergio Mendes version of "For What It's Worth.
    "I gotta find it," he told me.
    "You have it already ," I told him, "I made you buy the album 4-Sider last year and it's on there."
    "Doh!"

Damn how did you miss that one?