Grown & Sexy looks for middle age...

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited May 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
OK, I'm paranoid. It's what I do best. Anyhow, I've spent the last two days worried that my long gurly hair is thinning. I have no illusions about middle-age coming on with grace. Oh no. I want to be prepared. No comb-overs for me. By the time I hit 30 I need a comprehensive plan of action. Please to discuss. jpegs are encouraged...

Comments

• Start formulating your creepy record guy look now, while you're ahead of the curve. Start either growing a beard, having long nails, or stinking. That should get you started. Aging gracefully is for suckers. Becoming a charicature of one's former self is far more gratifying.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Is your hairline receding, or do you have male-pattern baldness, or just overall thinning? Real headz want to know.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Start formulating your creepy record guy look now, while you're ahead of the curve. Start either growing a beard, having long nails, or stinking. That should get you started. Aging gracefully is for suckers. Becoming a charicature of one's former self is far more gratifying.

hmmmm.... I'm feeling this in theory, but don't think the girlfriend would be pleased. I'll keep it as a plan B.... well, maybe for like a plan D actually...

Is your hairline receding, or do you have male-pattern baldness, or just overall thinning? Real headz want to know.

If anything, just overall thinning. But, it might be nothing. I've never really stared at myself in the mirror without being on drugs before, so I have little before and after comparison, ya know?

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I started losing my hair at 20, get over it. Don't do the comb over, don't try to hide, "grown and sexy gracefully". Shit happens to the best of us. Go to a good barber, or do it yourself. Get some nice hats, it ain't so bad. Receiding hairline, bitches!!!!

• This reminds me of the time I convinced my friend to grow a moustache. I found the ensuing pervert moustache hilarious, his girlfriend did not. Oh well. Maybe just run it by her to see her reaction. "Listen, I was thinking of becoming a bearded record hermit who asks for albums by catalog number. No good?"

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I swear I gotta start putting the Safesearch on when I'm using Google. You'd think an image search for "bald white men" would be harmless, right? Jeez...

or do it yourself.

this is ghetto. you know, like re-using stamps for your wedding invites...

This reminds me of the time I convinced my friend to grow a moustache. I found the ensuing pervert moustache hilarious, his girlfriend did not. Oh well. Maybe just run it by her to see her reaction. "Listen, I was thinking of becoming a bearded record hermit who asks for albums by catalog number. No good?"

I believe her response would be: "becoming?"

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    This reminds me of the time I convinced my friend to grow a moustache. I found the ensuing pervert moustache hilarious, his girlfriend did not. Oh well. Maybe just run it by her to see her reaction. "Listen, I was thinking of becoming a bearded record hermit who asks for albums by catalog number. No good?"

I frequently grow beards and moustaches and other variuos facial hair situations to make up for the lack of hair on my head. I have a receiding hair line, my buddy (same age 25) has male pattern baldness, we're having a race to see who goes totally bald first.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    or do it yourself.

this is ghetto. you know, like re-using stamps for your wedding invites...

not ghetto if it's executed well. that's what counts, bro.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

I frequently grow beards and moustaches and other variuos facial hair situations to make up for the lack of hair on my head. I have a receiding hair line, my buddy (same age 25) has male pattern baldness, we're having a race to see who goes totally bald first.

Aren't a bunch of the La Crosse dudes you know totally bald now?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    i think the key for it to still look class is to keep it pretty short. thinning hair + ponytail = comic book guy in simpsons.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Brad Wilder and someone else too, his name escapes me, his nick name is BUBBA.

he was my bank teller in Madison.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shave your head

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

BUBBA SPEED!!! He was bald in High School. Brice Wilder too eh? What about Scotty Gardener?

If I ever start going bald (fingers crossed), I'ma just shave that shit off,buzz cut style. I think I'm ok though.

When do you know if you're gonna start balding or not? I'm 25 with a full head of hair. Am I out of the clear?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    shave your head

That is what I do. I keep it clean adn smooth. Ladies love it, jocks want to rub it (which is not cool)

• hans_lucashans_lucas 159 Posts
    38! Ha! Ha! Take that, biatches!

Will trade hair for raer.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I feel sorry for you guys. I'm pushing 34 and I get mistaken for a teenager every day. I look between 17 and 21. It's funny when the kids in my hood aks me if I go to Fairfax (high). I am literally old enough to have a child their age.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    I feel sorry for you guys. I'm pushing 34 and I get mistaken for a teenager every day. I look between 17 and 21. It's funny when the kids in my hood aks me if I go to Fairfax (high). I am literally old enough to have a child their age.

you are kinda an ass arent you

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

that is not very nice.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    WELL EXCUSE ME!!!![/b]

No I'm not an ass fuckwad. Get a sense of humor.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    no, i think your an ass too.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Between my man's excitable temperament and his inability to use punctuation, this could get kind of good...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Crink, I say if you start balding up top, keep the hair long in back, get a hat and put your ponytail through the hole in the back of the hat. Such a good look.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Between my man's excitable temperament and his inability to use punctuation, this could get kind of good...

iam just hoping he doesn't put me on blast in one of his now legendary podcasts

Crink, I say if you start balding up top, keep the hair long in back, get a hat and put your ponytail through the hole in the back of the hat. Such a good look.

I was actaully thinking of this look...

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

BUBBA SPEED!!! He was bald in High School. Brice Wilder too eh? What about Scotty Gardener?

If I ever start going bald (fingers crossed), I'ma just shave that shit off,buzz cut style. I think I'm ok though.

When do you know if you're gonna start balding or not? I'm 25 with a full head of hair. Am I out of the clear?

Brad, not brice, although he's thinin'. Scotty's hair was doin' fine last time I saw him, come to think of it maybe it was thinin, he kkeps that shit under wraps (hats) though,

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    i say go for the ron toupee

and don't forget the thick stache.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Thanks for feeling sorry for me, but it's you, my friend, that I feel sorry for. You come across as a bit of a stain.