Tequilla questions?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I'm going to buy my boss a high end bottle of tequilla. I'm shooting for Patron.Before I cop, I want a second opinion. Under $100 plaez. Iz this the way to go or am I a robot to advertising?

Comments

• I know the name Jose Cuervo doesnt drum up an image of quality...but the Cuervo Familia Reserve is amazing, I dont even think it would burn if you poured in an open wound...might be under $100 depending where you live. Really though, it is the shit. As far as stuff in the $50 dollar range, I like Herradura or Hussongs.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Good lookin' out. I've never invested in a high end bottle of tequila so I have no point of reference except for word of mouth.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I like the Herradura a lot. Also, Chinaco Anejo. Generally, I'd say go for an anejo rather than silver... more grown n sexy.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I'm going to buy my boss a high end bottle of tequilla. I'm shooting for Patron.
    Before I cop, I want a second opinion. Under $100 plaez.

Iz this the way to go or am I a robot to advertising?

Paging Karlito.....

My rec, would be Don Julio (personal preference)> Patron is good, actually its great but Don Julio is amazing!

This iz what I just came back from the store with. W'ell see what he says. I'm gonna get some for myself to make margaritas.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Damn! One thing I failed to mention. Don't know how you guys drink tequila, but certain ones are for sipping, some are for shots and others are for margaritas...

Margaritas tend to use the cheapest of tequila's, then shot's are medium and then sipping on some top shelf shit (ie = Don Julio). So my point is your margarita might not be GREAT cuz thats not what Don Julio is made for - ya dig... But who knows... After a couple - they may be the illest f*cking margaritas you ever had!!! HAVE FUN......

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

+

+

+

= Best Tequila drink evar

My margarita

Habanero margarita

Do you cut them up, or blend them in or what??!?!

Habanero margarita

Do you cut them up, or blend them in or what??!?!

Slice one in half and add to the shaker. Then add other half to glass for garnish.

• one word: Mezcal

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I don't like Tequila, but Kishasa is pretty good (Brazilian tequila). Highly recommended, unique, not cheap (depending on what you buy), mixes well with other fruits and condensed milk (!)
    Peace
    T.N.

I never eaten the worm. Does it make you trip out, or is that a myth???

Who's eaten the worm? stories please

Dropped acid w/ a fat blunt w/ the worm...................I waited for my animal spirit to appear..............

Nothin happened.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Under $100 plaez.

I just copped a Patron 3-pack (blanco, reposado, anejo) for $100 at Costco.

- spidey

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Another vote for Don Julio here - as a sipper. Good stuff. I have a very fond memory of drinking it in a rooftop bar in Mexico City.... mmm...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    don julio reposado... makes patron taste like hornitos.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I don't like Tequila, but Kishasa is pretty good (Brazilian tequila). Highly recommended, unique, not cheap (depending on what you buy), mixes well with other fruits and condensed milk (!)
    Peace
    T.N.

You mean:

That's from sugar cane, so it's more of a Brasilian rum for making Caipirinhas.

• mi margarita:

simple. clean. effective.

Secret............Juice and zest of 10 limes and 3 lemons(which levels off the acidity of pure lime juice).
    Steep that shit overnight................

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I know the name Jose Cuervo doesnt drum up an image of quality...but the Cuervo Familia Reserve is amazing, I dont even think it would burn if you poured in an open wound...might be under $100 depending where you live. Really though, it is the shit. As far as stuff in the $50 dollar range, I like Herradura or Hussongs.

Exactly, seriously I had the same reservations about the Familia Reserve because their "Gold" product is caustic grain alcohol shit, but the high end tequila is very nice, one of the best I've had outside of the private press stuff my friend's uncles brew up down in Mexico. Cosine on Herradura as well. Good tequila is so wonderful, mellow with very delicious and complex flavors and bouquet.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Dosen't do shit.

• i don't think there's a "worm" in tequila. i believe it's normally found in the bottom of a nasty ass bottle of mezcal. NO THANKS.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    the friendly bartenders at Dalva introduced me to Don Julio many years ago, that's my shit.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    You mean Cachaca?
    That's from sugar cane, so it's more of a Brasilian rum for making Caipirinhas.

My Brazilian friends considered it Brazilian tequila, and it tasted and mixed as such. I did not know what it was derived from though.

• you sissies. its all about the pulque.

• this is my shit...real nice and under a hundo.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

+

Best Tequila evar

Co-Sign Big Time

• chasechase 767 Posts
    patron is

but thats the only high dollar tequila I have ever had

• one word: Mezcal

Mezcal is indeed, the shit.