where do you work?

124»

Comments

• I run a program that teaches gun safety to senior citizens. You'd be surprised at how many grannies pack .22s in NYC. We teach them how to take care of their fire arms, how to clean and load them. We take them to the gun range every two weeks to practice marksmanship. We talk about safety issues, when its ok to fire and the laws regarding self defense. Its funded by the NRA and its a lot of fun!

• Try and sell shit on ebay every now and then and just got a job at some new Subway down the street thats opening in 2 weeks. Shit is cool cuz I get to see all the honeys when they get outta school.

Wait, shouldn't you be in school?

And the fist place the honeys go afterward is Subway?

Nah I go to school before work. Also at the high school they let students eat out for lunch so they get to go around the school. Hopefully they make the right choice and head to Subway. A lot of people always go eat after school and since it's new they hopefully will czech it out.

BATCH.

I worked in a grocery store in high school and there is nothing more embarassing then trying to run game while wearing a lame work uniform. Unless of course you work at Taco Bell

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    I most thankfully get to be in the record business every day of my life. i gre up in my dad's record store, so this really does seem to run through my veins. I enjoy it to the fullest (except on the rare occasion when a ebay customer asks waaaaaaay too many stupid questions), and really hope that I will be able to make this fly for as long as i want to do it. As long as people keep buying records, i'll be trying to sell them.

Nice topic stein, and also good to see so many strutters doing work they like.

• I celebrate certain elements of their catalogue....

yeah they have some good stuff......

• I am a graphic designer. My team is strong.

• Try and sell shit on ebay every now and then and just got a job at some new Subway down the street thats opening in 2 weeks. Shit is cool cuz I get to see all the honeys when they get outta school.

Wait, shouldn't you be in school?

And the fist place the honeys go afterward is Subway?

Nah I go to school before work. Also at the high school they let students eat out for lunch so they get to go around the school. Hopefully they make the right choice and head to Subway. A lot of people always go eat after school and since it's new they hopefully will czech it out.

BATCH.

I worked in a grocery store in high school and there is nothing more embarassing then trying to run game while wearing a lame work uniform. Unless of course you work at Taco Bell

Nah my uniform is cool. Got my Air Max 90's with lime green to match the apron. Shit is fly. I'll see how many honeys show up. I'll just make jokes on the uniform and they will just laugh it off.

• I work as a freelancer in the TV production business...

Dress

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Beekeeper

Dude! You work in an apiary! Any day I get to write or say 'apiary' is a good day indeed.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    i am an A/V technician at IBM... there is one guy who sets up meetings and i do the repairs... only i'm not allowed to actually do most of the repairs... a lot of the equipment is installed by contractors, and they have to service the equipment they installed... however, they can't go into the rooms where they have to work without me, and once we get there, i am legally not allowed to help them... so i sit around a lot... because i have about 15 bosses (i don't even know which ones outrank the other ones or what any of them actually do) that have to sign off on any work that gets done, i have to do a lot of sitting around waiting for the paperwork to get finished before i can sit around and watch the contractors repair their equipment... there is a least one day a week when i have nothing to do at all the whole day... i have an office with cable tv and internet, and my bosses all work in another building, so i watch Cheaters and The Cosby Show a lot... i make pretty good loot, full benefits, and my hours are noon to 8:30... i hope they can't read this

oh yeah, and i dj at a club in raleigh

Best job ever? Where's the catch?

• the catch is that my eyes are usually burning by the time i go home from staring at the tv and/or computer all day... naw, it really is the best job ever, you'll never hear me complain

• I work @ The Childrens Museum of Richmond, Va.
    I do exhibit and facility maintanence. Part time of course(9-5 so lame). Im also a student. And mess with racords. DJ small parties and on the radio WRIR 97.3 LP/FM Richmond Indie Radio on thursdays 11:00-1:00am. Check it out on the web(stream it). Its called ZENDO SOUND SYSTEM.

• Home.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Head mechanic/service manager at bicycle shop.

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    I cuts the bad trees and replace with native trees.

I kills the bad animals, strengthen habitat and breeds indigenous species for re-release.

I burns shit to promote healthy indigenous regeneration.

I guides kids on bushwalks to encourage conservation values.

As a volunteer I helps in storms and fires

I ran record stores for 13 years..........and hat it.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that is a radd job

how did you get into it?

did you wake up one day from your vinyl malaise and decide the forest was a better workplace?

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    that is a radd job
    how did you get into it?

did you wake up one day from your vinyl malaise and decide the forest was a better workplace?

Yeah man........that's exsactly what I did. I'm happy now........but broke.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    dude, props

that is some real real world preservation/conservation activity

• i work for a non-profit bio-medical research lab investigating possible protective mechanisms in neurodegenerative disorders. i get paid alright for a recent college graduate, but not enough considering i'm usually in three places at once. sometimes i'm real tempted to jump ship to biotech and get fatter pay, but then i think about the fact that my job might actually do some good in the long run.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    r***** records

• for 2 more weeks i work in a warehouse as a shipping clerk, packaging and sending out automotive products. i dont know what any of them do.

at the end of the year i'm finally free and will attempt to stay afloat by means of studio recording and beat sales.

where my blue collar peoples at?! don't tell me i'm the only dude thats worn the same grimy hoody to work everyday for the past year without anyone caring!

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    i'm a town planner

i work for the government here as a trainee.

coolest thing is, there's also another strutter in my office where i work

• can we get a '7up spot exploding' graemlin for these situations?