my face has melt the f*ck off...

jleejlee 1,539 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
first off, sorry i don't have a link(or yousendit) for this track but...i have been absolutely going apeshit over the lil wayne track "shooter" off the new Carter 2 album (good lookin catchdubs). I love the production and lyrics...just fucking mind blowing. Anyway, played it for my dude, who also dug it, and dude comes back the next day and tells me that the production/singing in the song is none other than Robin Thicke?!?!?!now i know Thicke has put out decent stuff (?maybe?) before, but i NEVER would have expected dude to work with lil weezy in a ga-gillion years. Did anyone know that dude was really working his production into the hip-hop game, cuz that shit is so left field for me?again, sorry for not having the song link (only got it on a mix) but if you haven't heard it, i strongly suggest you check for that song. quality

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i had no idea who robin thicke was before this track but it is indeed very good. apparently weezy was a big fan of robin's and went from there.

link: http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3AMQTUG8PL47I0PSBUL5Y128H8

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this track is hella corny

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

stop being rapper racist, region hater.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

stop being rapper racist, region hater.
    dictators, behind door dick takers

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    it would be dope if it didnt have corny ass Thicke singing on it

• So glad that fag multsanta is gone...

oops, wrong thread.

• They're going a little too B.E.P. for my taste. Not that I

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    this track is nice because it isn't trying to sound like every other "hip-hop joint" out there

i like the way it builds up into waynes verse

• this track is nice because it isn't trying to sound like every other "hip-hop joint" out there

i like the way it builds up into waynes verse

Actually I've heard a lot of commercial rap albums that have alternative style cuts on em. Rhythm & Gangsta for example. Musically it's nice, just a little corny IMHO.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Freaks of the Industry + Mass Appeal + Soprano's theme song + Pepsi commercial = this

I keed - it's a little too clean for my taste but it's definitley different on the production tip. It's cool, just not for me.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    They're going a little too B.E.P. for my taste.

ouch...that's harsh.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    shit's corny

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    all the shit weezy does is fucking corny but he does it in a way that it's not corny. if you know what i mean.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    shit's corny

I'm afraid that I've got to agree--this and the grown and sexy tracks are the only cuts on the album that I skip.

However, if the song--which I do think was a genuine attempt at something ambitious--is successful in introducing Wayne to a new audience, then I guess I'm not too mad.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shit's corny

I'm afraid that I've got to agree--this and the grown and sexy tracks are the only cuts on the album that I skip.

However, if the song--which I do think was a genuine attempt at something ambitious--is successful in introducing Wayne to a new audience, then I guess I'm not too mad.
    it's a way to play weezy for white people without completely alienating them. besides, doggie has some of his best lines on this track

• shit's corny

but he's too dark to tan!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shit's corny

i am not ashamed to admit that that song is at least top 5 of the year for me...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    just to make clear....the face melting was more on Weezy working with Thicke.

but i'm still feelin the song, so hateaway.

"if we too simple, then y'all don't get the basics..."

• rookrook 357 Posts
    instrumental? and throw some common lyrics over it pshhhhhhhhh

shit's corny

it's a way to play weezy for white people without completely alienating them. besides, doggie has some of his best lines on this track

Not just white people--white people. Like fans of "festival rock"...

I do like his verse, though.

• shit's corny

i am not ashamed to admit that that song is at least top 5 of the year for me...

DUDE

seriously that is a guilty pleasure. That beat man....

instrumental? and throw some common lyrics over it pshhhhhhhhh

Never post again. Thank you.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shit's corny

DUDE

yeah that beat is crazy. the b-side to the original has a pretty nice beat too

can we redirect this thread to how weezy got robbed by eminem and should be #1 on the billboard instead of him?

• rookrook 357 Posts
    hahaha

shit's corny

DUDE

Not to mention the conceptual arc of Thicke's bank robbery narrative...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shit's corny

DUDE

i think we're talking about the bobby valentino remix weezy appears on

• shit's corny

DUDE

I wasn't talking about the Thicke song, but the Bobby Valentino song from whence the "too dark to tan" line came; indeed, the thick song.

Now the conceptual arc on that one - a work of serious focus and dedication!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

hah!

thicke is gully mayne...so gully

can we redirect this thread to how weezy got robbed by eminem and should be #1 on the billboard instead of him?

Who were all these people lined up to buy that album the first week?

I mean, don't Eminem fans already have all of those tracks?

They had to have the digipack?

shit's corny

DUDE

I wasn't talking about the Thicke song, but the Bobby Valentino song from whence the "too dark to tan" line came; indeed, the thick song.

Now the conceptual arc on that one - a work of serious focus and dedication!

Oops... sonned by dudes with a superior knowledge of the Bobby Valentino catalog.

I don't think I've even heard that.