McNabb dissed by the NAACP? What Yo Thoughts?

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Philadelphia NAACP president J. Whyatt Mondesire, who is black, ripped Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, who is black, for not being black enough. Mondesire also suggested that McNabb should have given money, which is green, to exiled Eagles wide receiver Terrell Owens, who is black. This is because Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie, who is white, wouldn't give more money to Owens. Never mind that Owens' contract, which is black and white, didn't require Lurie to do so....Wow just like Jigga said "Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City".... Disscusses...Soulman you in Philly what's the story over their about this?

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I met Mondesire about six months ago at a black journalists function here in Philly. He seemed respectable fellow. But, this business about McNabb is a straight-up bullsh*t waste of time! J. "Jerry" Whyatt Mondesire, who's REAL NAME is Jerome (how's that for disguising your "blackness"?) has NO business criticizing a local/national sports figure for playing the "race card", refusing to run the ball because of what people expect him to do as a black quarterback, and all this... There's a list a mile long of more productive things for the President of the NAACP Philadelphia to be talking about and fighting for than whether or not McNabb is a good quarterback. He should be ashamed of himself and if he isn't, I'm ashamed for him.

By the way, full text of the original article is avalible here.

• WORD!

Thursday, December 15, 2005
    NAACP president outraged by McNabb column[/b]

Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- The chief executive officer of the NAACP criticized the president of its Philadelphia branch Thursday for racially charged comments made about Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Bruce Gordon, who heads the Baltimore-based National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, issued a statement calling McNabb "a great quarterback, an excellent role model and a class act" and said he intended to apologize for denigrating remarks made by Philadelphia chapter president J. Whyatt Mondesire.

"The NAACP has many civil rights issues that require our attention," Gordon said. "Criticizing Donovan McNabb is not one of them."

Read more...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Black folks talking about who's more black is

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    True indeed, asp. The fellow from the NAACP displays that 'crabs-in-a-barrel' way of thinking.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Philadelphia NAACP president J. Whyatt Mondesire, who is black,

THIS is shocking!!!!

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    In 1998, I saw him on Germantown Avenue going to the bank... I was broke at the time... he was wearing his famous cowboy hat.