Making a mix tape with one deck? (softwear advice)

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I once rather foolishly sold my second deck to buy a sampler ,which might not sound like a bad idea but I never copped the sampler and all the money got pissed up against a wall.So now many years latter I get the desire to do a mix tape and just having the one deck is slightly problematic.So the only option I have is multi-tracking on my laptop.So could anyone recommend a good piece of software for this task?I think a lot of folks use Cool Edit? And as we know this is easy to get of Soulseek.Is this the way to go? Or is there another piece of soft wear that anyone could recommend? I need something really easy to use because when things get technical I tend to get into a bit of a mess.

Comments

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Hi,

I think Steinberg Wave Lab would be a good choice. A friend of mine also made some nice Mixtapes with this program. I also got it, but I only use it for recording vinyl. It's really easy to use, even for a noob like me .

• hey parkz. i've done a few on pro tools one deck. works fine. peace, stein. . .

• I do all of my multitrack mixes in Nuendo. Any multitrack recording software will work basically the same for you though.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    If you can nab Cool Edit go for it. If you have ever used a cassete four track you will be up and running in minutes.