What're ya doin?

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Me -- I'm doing editing for this B filmmaker I work for. I'm doing a reassembly edit, which means I re-edit the whole feature length film frame for frame from higher quality source material. The worst part is that i lied and told him I was almost done when I only have ten minutes done. There's nothing worse than pulling an all-nighter on some shit that requires absolutely no thinking but sustained concetration. That's why I'm on soulstrut now.How about You?

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    posting on soulstrut as a diversion from a paper that theoretically could make or break my graduation.

and listening to amerie.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    posting on soulstrut as a diversion from a paper that theoretically could make or break my graduation.

and listening to amerie.

I am also diverting my attention from a paper. However, the paper that could make or break my graduation isn't due for another two weeks.

And listening to Demon Fuzz

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    A few things:

1) I am starting a book, my first music book (I have a children's book on the side, and a series of short stories I wrote four years ago, also unpublished). All I have is the intro, now I'm about to look for e-mail addresses and phone numbers in order to make some contacts.

2) I am starting on my new album. I've been saying that for the last two years, and inbetween that time I've been doing tracks for other people, all of which have been rejected (which may be a sign of some sort). Now, I have a lot of ideas and concepts I want to do, and want to do them before I lose any sense of creativity.

3) I just finished reading Jazz In The Bittersweet Blues Of Life[/b] by Wynton Marsalis and Carl Vigeland, and I am currently reading The Beatles On Apple Records[/b] by Bruce Spizer.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm writing a poetry paper for English class and listening to "Future Days" by Can repeatedly.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Who are you writing about?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    downloading from the kids.
    listening to silence.
    underneath that silence is nice n smooth - old to the new, which is still resonating in my head.
    about to go to sleep.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    1) I am starting a book, my first music book (I have a children's book on the side, and a series of short stories I wrote four years ago, also unpublished). All I have is the intro, now I'm about to look for e-mail addresses and phone numbers in order to make some contacts

word -- me too. I got my short story collection all ready to go if someone would like it. I think you have to work for the New Yorker to get that happening. And I just wrote my intro for my new musical theory book. I'm working on the epilogue next.

1) I am starting a book, my first music book (I have a children's book on the side, and a series of short stories I wrote four years ago, also unpublished). All I have is the intro, now I'm about to look for e-mail addresses and phone numbers in order to make some contacts

word -- me too. I got my short story collection all ready to go if someone would like it. I think you have to work for the New Yorker to get that happening. And I just wrote my intro for my new musical theory book. I'm working on the epilogue next.

With my short stories, I'm not looking for anything big, I'd just like to have it out there. But if someone saw potential, I wouldn't hesitate to give it to a publisher who would be able to take it somewhere. There are two stories within that one that I wouldn't mind creating as screenplays. Writing a screenplay seems a bit overwhelming, only because I've never done one.

As for my music book, I am wondering if I should create an ending as well, kind of a way to say what I hope to have accomplished. Or should I wait when the project is over.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Who are you writing about?

I'm doing a comparison of Seamus Heaney's "Digging" and Tony Harrison's "Turns". The assignment is to "decide if the two poems are more similar than differing or vice versa and set the thesis at the start in terms of that decision." Piece o' cake.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I just popped some melatonin pills so I can start going back to bed at a reasonable time. I've been going to bed at like 4:00 this whole week/waking up at 2:00. Yes tearing up the club is a way of life but its conflicting with the summer of young phoniks.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    No doubt. C&C papers write themselves.

With my short stories, I'm not looking for anything big, I'd just like to have it out there. But if someone saw potential, I wouldn't hesitate to give it to a publisher who would be able to take it somewhere. There are two stories within that one that I wouldn't mind creating as screenplays. Writing a screenplay seems a bit overwhelming, only because I've never done one.

I tried writing a screenplay a couple of times but I hated the format. It felt like I was writing an instruction manual. If I ever try it again, it will be adapted from something that I wrote as a story. For me, so many of my ideas arise from just playing around with language. They dont like you to do that with screenplays.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I just popped some mela[color:white]to[/color]nin pills so I can start going black [color:white]to bed at a reasonable time. I've been going to bed at[/color] like 4[color:white]:00 this whole week/waking up at 2:00. Yes tea[/color]ri[color:white]ng up the c[/color]l[color:white]ub is a way of [/color]l[color:white]ife but its conflicting with the summer of young phonik[/color]s.

[color:white]That ZING took way too long to do.[/color]

I tried writing a screenplay a couple of times but I hated the format. It felt like I was writing an instruction manual. If I ever try it again, it will be adapted from something that I wrote as a story.

That's what I want to do, adapt one of my stories into a screenplay. I tried it once, but I wondered if I was being too descriptive for a scene, or if that was the proper way to do it. I stopped.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    just finally finished pulling my radio show for tomorrow, all records ready, all tracks checked, all info googled...I don't know why it always turns into an all-day project...good thing I'm only on every other week!! Now I can't find a blank CD for my film noir sound bites/blaxploitation trailer drop-ins, which means I'll have to re-use old ones, even though I had a bunch of new ones ready to go

now I need sleep, but I'm all wired as usual.

I needs me some o' that' mel-o-ton stuff there...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I needs me some o' that' mel-o-ton stuff there...

Dude I just popped those pills/made that post an hour ago....what do you thinK?

Should be working by now. Put on some headphones, listen to some dj krush or something and you should be out.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i just had lunch. now i'm wasting a little bit of time before the 1:50 bus into town to hit up a coupla record dealers. some damn sickness kept me from going this weekend.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Paper that has to be somewhere between 10-15 pages, due tomorrow. Boring as shit. Very tired. Boring boring borrringgggg

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    just got back from tracking vocals. Must be back in studio by 11. Staying up rest of night, eating ice cream, gonna finish watching I heart huckabees, even though its sort of boring right now.

• just got back from tracking vocals. Must be back in studio by 11. Staying up rest of night, eating ice cream, gonna finish watching I heart huckabees, even though its sort of boring right now.

yeah fuck that movie. I feel asleep about an hour into it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    just got back from tracking vocals. Must be back in studio by 11. Staying up rest of night, eating ice cream, gonna finish watching I heart huckabees, even though its sort of boring right now.

yeah fuck that movie. I feel asleep about an hour into it.

I finished it. I am generally underwhelmed.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I just finsihed an conversation with my friend Leslie about the horrible performance of our Grizzlies in the series with the Suns and now I am about to hop in the shower and go grub on some ethiopian food and then roll to work. Guzzo...I have a whole stack of jheri-curl soul LPs to price when I get to work , jealous???

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Just got back from vacation, listening to the complete recordings of Charley Patton and trying to catch up with all things Soulstrut...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Fuck. I'm fucked.

What am I doing?

-Managing A Product/Team Photoshoot for the 06 Consumer Catalog. Riders are coming and going all week

-Managing the Spring/Summer 06 Life Catalog

-Getting the 2006 Website Content Dialed.

-Fighting Battles with Design Dept.

-Checking Catalog Pages

-Writing Briefs for about 10 other projects

-Doing My Review so I can get a raise

-Contemplating Suicide

On a positive:

-Listeing to the new "OH SNAP" Catchdubs. FIYEA!

Records? What are those?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Where was this thread on Friday when I was going crossed-eyed editing a 20-page research report that someone else wrote (not very succinctly)?

Now I'm back from one meeting, about to go into another and I'm quickly trying to put together rights packages for two films.

What do I wish I was doing? Listening to my new Derrick Morgan record at home, eating some curry laksa.