400 records, 30 cents each

2»

Comments

• Perhaps they were jew-fros.

Soundtrack to the Guzzo Blind Date episode?

It's all about track 3, "Adam's rap"

There's a hot version of GOOMLW too...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    sorry but i gotta come

if i caught him first, i would have broken him off properly and we both would have gone home happier men.

i told my homie to have the dude to hit me up

i'm still waiting dude's call. sigh.

Sigh....

Anyone got a cigarette?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    this is the soulstrut i remember.

i COME for the knowledge...but i STAY for the sarcasm.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    all i saw were afros on the covers.

FUCK!.

That raises the following question:

is an afro on a cover a sign of quality?

In the world of shitzr the afro is apparently a signifier of psych sounds.

damn. i'm getting frathoused on like a mofo with this frickin post.

as futile as it may be to defend myself, here it goes anyway. no, i don't think an afro on the cover is a sign of quality. however being that i couldn't quite see what the records actually were, i could still make the assumption they could have been of interest to me because chances are they could have been soul or jazz records, in contrast to the stock i left behind in their bins which were pop vocal and soft rock commons. i've been only collecting records other than hip hop for 7 years, which i know isn't quite as big dude as most of you guys, but i've learned to sift through most of the weak stuff to pull quality stuff.

and the homie called and said that the store bought the entire collection. it's alright because i have plans for a real world move on them regardless.

carry on guys.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

and the homie called and said that the store bought the entire collection. it's alright because i have plans for a real world move on them regardless.

carry on guys.

Will do.

And after reading your first post I never understood why you didn't GO BACK to the store and buy all the heat for yourself?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    frathoused

• frathoused

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    And after reading your first post I never understood why you didn't GO BACK to the store and buy all the heat for yourself?

i've pulled alot of quality stuff from there for some years and i didn't want to roll up to dude and buy his collection, shit on the store and be banned. i've gotten stuff like c. hardie "you're gone" on reynolds, moses "changes" on spectator this year alone, and just recently bobbe norris "close up".

while i'm here i guess it calls for an introduction.

i'm rodney.

i'm from hawaii, but for the time being i reside in san francisco.

i've met some of you who post on the board regularly but never mentioned i visit (ie: lurk) on the ss board: jinx, young phonics, dj ferrari, and odub. i was there at jinx's last garage sale, filipino dude with the black down jacket. yeah, dat me. i'm pretty sure there were alot more of you there, like hogginthefogg and peacefulrotation but never got to properly introduce.

i like records. right now maurice vander's "chess", grapefruit s/t, black nasty "talkin to the people", celebration s/t (mowest), and montage "project one" is getting the most rotation.

i'm a pretty quiet dude, but still approachable. so if you see me at a record show in the bay area, i'll most likely be the filipino dude with a camo backpack laying in the cuts waiting for the next dealer to open up his table. say hi.

carry on.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

nah, i just know how the ss message board game goes. low # posts = little dude.

• i bought it.

• i bought it.

oh shit!

Real World Moves???

Were they afros or jewfros anthony?

• mostly rare psych, shit like food, common people, 20th centry zoo, stuff like that.

• that stuff burns my ass. I need afros to "kill my inner white man???".

• that stuff burns my ass. I need afros to "kill my inner white man???".

For all your buying power, you are still a "honkey".

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that stuff burns my ass. I need afros to "kill my inner white man???".

JP+AP STEELO =

JPAP??????