400 records, 30 cents each

shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
i'm in of the bigger record stores here in the bay area today and a homie who works there tells me to stick around because they were about to put out new arrivals of used records. i've already ran through the bins so i planned on waiting in my car so i can study for my final. on my way out i remembered to pick up a cd that i saw in the bargain bins. i found it but i decided to go through the cds real quick. 30 minutes passed and they still haven't put the records out yet. so i go to the counter to buy the cd, and there it is...at their buy counter there were at least 400 records that weren't there when i walked in. i see the buyer checking the conditions of a couple of them, and from what i saw they were psych records that i've never seen before. there were like 6 stacks of records laying flat on the counter and i couldn't make out what they were from where i was standing but all i saw were afros on the covers.FUCK!if only i waited in my car in the first place i could have scooped up on the dude who brought the records in before he even got to the door. guys who work or own record stores, i know you're thinking "undercutting ass chump", sorry but i gotta come up. i know for a fact that the dude will get $0.30 a piece from the store. if i caught him first, i would have broken him off properly and we both would have gone home happier men.so i asked my friend who was it that brought them in. he said that the buyer told dude to come back in a couple of hours. i told my homie to have the dude to hit me up before he accepts the store's offer which like i said, would be a tragedy.i'm still waiting dude's call. sigh.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    sorry but i gotta come

if i caught him first, i would have broken him off properly and we both would have gone home happier men.

i told my homie to have the dude to hit me up

i'm still waiting dude's call. sigh.

• ass chump

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    How did you think records got the store? I mean, before you witnessed this great miracle?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    my homie said dude brought them in while i was in the store. probably while i was looking through the cd section.

• my homie said dude brought them in while i was in the store. probably while i was looking through the cd section.

this collectron needs a new sarcasmo detectron device!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    psych records that i've never seen before

TRIPTASTIC!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

Be nice.
    ________

that was a long story.

i'm not really sure how to respond. do you want encouragement to corner the man in the parking lot to offer him $.50 a record?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    saying

Shitzr you should have the dude post the LPs he has to sell to SS where we will gladly offer him more than fair prices. Don't worry we can break you off, too.

This is by far the most fair solution since you are coming to us with your concerns. Thanks!

• If there was ever a sign to stick to the cd section, this is it.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    i'm not really sure how to respond. do you want encouragement to corner the man in the parking lot to offer him $.50 a record?

one time I was talking to this hiphopper-type kid who was shopping at the Record Graveyard & he I were splitting at the same time - he says, "come check out some records I got in my car, I bought 'em a hour ago from a lady outside of Detroit Threads before she could take them inside"

I look at the records & they are utter Gminus, fully seam-split garbage. He holds up one destroyed 45, "never heard of this guy before, you know him?" - it was a fucking B.B King record!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Dude, it's been 2 hours - I don't think he's going to call...

• hello.....

is it raer you're looking for?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    If there was ever a sign to stick to the cd section, this is it.

my thought exactly.

Keep it real... Jewel-case real...

EVERYBODY KNOWS RECORDS ARE WORTHLESS ANYWAYS. WHO PLAYS THOSE THINGS. DILDO.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

I'd be more careful. That's a lot of cash to be walking round with.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

duh

PSSST I heard Horatio Sanz is gonna knock down the door at MTV Jams if they play the same set of Juvenile videos during the XXL Jams segment again. Seriously, I done seen those a few hundred times now.

PS: CO-CO UH BUTTAHHH!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

one time I was talking to this hiphopper-type kid who was shopping at the Record Graveyard & he I were splitting at the same time - he says, "come check out some records I got in my car, I bought 'em a hour ago from a lady outside of Detroit Threads before she could take them inside"

I look at the records & they are utter Gminus, fully seam-split garbage. He holds up one destroyed 45, "never heard of this guy before, you know him?" - it was a fucking B.B King record!!!

is bb king northern soul?

• ryanryan 334 Posts

no dude, psych.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

no dude, psych.

Black psych...get with it.

• hello.....

is it raer you're looking for?

You guys are funny as hell.

• i just want you guys to know that i wound up buying those records.

thanks,

ap

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    i got homeboys working around the clock posting up outside all my favorite record stores too, 24-7 across the globe. Right before any customers come in, WHAM hit em with the sidewalk pre-sale. Works like a charm.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    all i saw were afros on the covers.

FUCK!.

That raises the following question:

is an afro on a cover a sign of quality?

We need a 'sarcasm' greamlin.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

FUCK!.

In the world of shitzr the afro is apparently a signifier of psych sounds.

FUCK!.

which brings us back to

• all i saw were afros on the covers.

FUCK!.

which brings us back to

Perhaps they were jew-fros.

Perhaps they were jew-fros.

Soundtrack to the Guzzo Blind Date episode?