MC Eiht VS. DJ Quik

TECUMSEHTECUMSEH 301 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Please help me make up my mind. I need reasons and supporting facts as to why you think your favored emcee won. Ready set go.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    quik. plus hes a fuggin dope producer

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Quik is a pretty wack rapper but his production was blazin' on all those Eiht diss records.

Quik won that shit.

"Bitch, leave my curl alone!"

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Quik. Not the best mc in the world in the world (MC Eiht edges him out), but dude is one of the best westcoast producers ever. Who else was trying to do stuff like Quiks Groove parts 1-356?

• on a side note - Quik should be getting more production work...I thought the Black Album track he did would have helped him more...say what you want about that song/chorus, but that beat was

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Quik is a fuckin' genius on the production side of things. He was never an MC's MC or anything like that, but he pretty much slayed Eiht with this one line off "Dollars and Sense:"

E-i-h-t yeah, should I continue?
    You left out the G cuz the G ain't in you

• laughing out loud listening to folks compare Eiht and Quik as MCs. These dudes are producers, Quik being the (slightly) doper one. Quik.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i'd say quik... but everyone saying that his raps are weak, must be forgetting how dope "quik is the name" sounded when it came out.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    laughing out loud listening to folks compare Eiht and Quik as MCs. These dudes are producers, Quik being the (slightly) doper one. Quik.

I think you're being hard on Eiht; unlike Quik, I never viewed him as a producer who happened to rap.

• Please help me make up my mind. I need reasons and supporting facts as to why you think your favored emcee won. Ready set go.

Quik is also a genius on the engineering tip. His shit always sounds so tight.

Quik hands down for me on all aspects...

• Please help me make up my mind. I need reasons and supporting facts as to why you think your favored emcee won. Ready set go.

Quik is also a genius on the engineering tip. His shit always sounds so tight.

Quik hands down for me on all aspects...

Quik is meant for a system. The beats don't hit as hard if it's not amped up. I was listening to Don't Eat It or whatever the name of that song that says don't eat the coochie on my basic shit and it sounded nothing like hearing it on 2 12s with an amp.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I was a CMW fan before I was a QUIK fan. Both artists are important to the WEST coast identity.

If MC EIHT would spit over DJ QUIK's production circa 1992-94 this would make my day.

I'll go w/ QUIK just cause some of his music has aged better than CMW's.