Your top 5 records you got in 2006 (ESPR)

dig_thisdig_this 279 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
man, I'd have to say that mine is gonna be:1. Nico Gomez / Ritual2. The Lost Generation / Young, Tough & Terrible3. that stack of Pharaohs records I found in a Hyde Park basement that I can use for barterin'4. Lionel Hampton / Off Into a Black Thing5. Johnny Pate / Outrageousand a Marva Whitney "Daddy Don't Know About Sugar Bear" 45. and I found them all for a dollar by checking for estate sales in the obits section.post your self-fulfilling fantasies or you are

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    taunting fate is

• 4. Lionel Hampton / Off Into a Black Thing

Some strutter had this for sale recently...Beezy maybe?

2. The Lost Generation / Young, Tough & Terrible

Also I've seen two covers on this. Which one is the OG?

• taunting fate is

mmmmph, perhaps you're right. kinda like a surfer eating shark? hmmm...

and I found them all for a dollar by checking for estate sales in the obits section hookin' up ebay snipers and getting back to work.

much better. but I'm still getting them in the 06!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

4. Lionel Hampton / Off Into a Black Thing

Some strutter had this for sale recently...Beezy maybe?

No, it was davesrecords. It's probably still up there on his set sale list.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

2. The Lost Generation / Young, Tough & Terrible

Also I've seen two covers on this. Which one is the OG?

I've got an OG promo copy, and the cover looks like this:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    J Dilla - Donuts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    is that Lionel Hampton LP really grail status?

not trying to be a smart mouthed asshole, I really just don't know anything about it except that theres a reissue

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Add to Favorite Searches

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    J Dilla - Donuts

Ghostface - Fishscale

• is that Lionel Hampton LP really grail status?

not trying to be a smart mouthed asshole, I really just don't know anything about it except that theres a reissue

Does it need to be Holy Grail to hope that you'll find it?

• In early 2006 I made a house call to this Oakland cat who moved here from Miami in the 70s. Copped Pearl Dowell, Sam Baker, Little Beaver on Saadia for a buck a piece. Oh yeah, and he threw in Frankie Seay and Ricky Calloway for free.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    That Little Beaver is wonderful, keep praying. Ghostface with MF Doom should be really nice. Wondertwin powers.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Yo, I used to have that Kreskin game!! That's awesome, I haven't seen that shit in like 20 years. I never played the "game," but I used to try to hypnotize myself and others with the mystic pendulum....without much success.

I used to try to bend spoons with my mind, too - like Uri Geller:

I found things out like E-S-P
    I've got Kreskin's
    Brain vel-o-ci-ty

• Yo, I used to have that Kreskin game!! That's awesome, I haven't seen that shit in like 20 years. I never played the "game," but I used to try to hypnotize myself and others with the mystic pendulum....without much success.

I used to try to bend spoons with my mind, too - like Uri Geller:

man, if you knot that pendulum up into a necklace and wear it out to the club or a church basement sale or to the goodwill, magic shit happens.