Seriously, FUCK Ninjas.

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I am kind of sick of all this hyperbole going on about the skills of ninjas. Ronin are the way to go. Ninjas are dirty slipper wearing theives who's nighttime roof crawling amounts to only so much tom peepery. A Bushi will take you out at high noon, IN FRONT of a a whole village of farmers who's land he defended from some lowly brigands.I know what you're gonna say, ninjas are just displaced samurai. Oh yeah? Well that automatically nullifies any honor they may have had. A masterless samurai is feather removed from a bird, in other words, a drifting memory that is best served by finding its place beneath the currents of a shallow river bed.Really, you skip out on sepuku for losing your lord? That is some lame shit. Samurai have a code of honor, even until death. Even playing police man in the countryside has some residue of defense of their lord's territory. What does a ninja have? His shadows to provide cover for some cowardly knife throwing shit?Fuck that! Bushi are trained in ninjitsu from the beginning. They know you're feminine ninja tricks and if you wanna persist in more smoke bomb lobbing from tree tops, well, what can I say? Your face mask matches the moonlight so poetically.In a dojo ninja are no fun at all. Put 'em in a crowd and watch them fold like a stomach guard. More than likely they'll be back, at midnight of course, to torch the dojo before the fight. But OH NO, the bushii is in the ceiling waiting for you to get the drop on the bail of wheat you thought was your objective.I don't know what I'm trying to get at here, but If you step to me in the thick of the night with some hidden sai, or childish blinding sand tactics, don't even think of bunking down in your little hiding spot, cause straight up, I'll handle these bitches like wack-a-mole, mother fucker. Don't be all creepy crawlly in the gutter, just step out like joe jackson and handle this shit like the man you used to be!

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think someone's looking to get gaffled in the dark of night.

I am kind of sick of all this hyperbole going on about the skills of ninjas. Ronin are the way to go. Ninjas are dirty slipper wearing theives who's nighttime roof crawling amounts to only so much tom peepery. A Bushi will take you out at high noon, IN FRONT of a a whole village of farmers who's land he defended from some lowly brigands.

I know what you're gonna say, ninjas are just displaced samurai. Oh yeah? Well that automatically nullifies any honor they may have had. A masterless samurai is feather removed from a bird, in other words, a drifting memory that is best served by finding its place beneath the currents of a shallow river bed.

Really, you skip out on sepuku for losing your lord? That is some lame shit. Samurai have a code of honor, even until death. Even playing police man in the countryside has some residue of defense of their lord's territory. What does a ninja have? His shadows to provide cover for some cowardly knife throwing shit?

Fuck that! Bushi are trained in ninjitsu from the beginning. They know you're feminine ninja tricks and if you wanna persist in more smoke bomb lobbing from tree tops, well, what can I say? Your face mask matches the moonlight so poetically.

In a dojo ninja are no fun at all. Put 'em in a crowd and watch them fold like a stomach guard. More than likely they'll be back, at midnight of course, to torch the dojo before the fight. But OH NO, the bushii is in the ceiling waiting for you to get the drop on the bail of wheat you thought was your objective.

I don't know what I'm trying to get at here, but If you step to me in the thick of the night with some hidden sai, or childish blinding sand tactics, don't even think of bunking down in your little hiding spot, cause straight up, I'll handle these bitches like wack-a-mole, mother fucker.

Don't be all creepy crawlly in the gutter, just step out like joe jackson and handle this shit like the man you used to be!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Musashi > Samurai = Ronin > ninja

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Hamsters are like daniel-son in the heirarchy of martial arts trained rodents.

Discuss.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    my brain hurts this morning

hi guys

• Shaolin > Japan

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Shaolin > Japan

• miyamoto musashi's book of five rings is dope. sick ronin and artist.

Shaolin > Japan

regional bias

• what's the difference between a Ronin and a Bushi? I don't know much about this topic, but I'm really thinking about taking some form of martial arts at some point.

Actually, I want to be trained by the league of shadows guys in Batman Begins on top of some mountain.

• I'm a ninja.
    I am also a hobo.
    Im a hoboninja, which is kind of like a ronin, a bit.
    I think ronin is tuff.
    What are we talking about here?

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts
    I'm a ninja.
    I am also a hobo.
    What are we talking about here?

• Check out the HANZO THE RAZOR series if you want to see Shintaro Katsu cold fucking up ninjas left and right.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    Ronin are masterless samurai, correct?

Afaik, ninja are not directly related to samurai, so how can they be displaced?

Although some claim that ninjas were sometime disguised samurai working as spies for their daimyo, they were primarily masters of assassination and espionage techniques, most likely peasants who were not allowed to study the practices of Samurai because of their low status in society.

more truths: the term "ronin" is still used in modern Japan for those who failed their college entrance exam.

more truths: the term "ronin" is still used in modern Japan for those who failed their college entrance exam.

True story. First time that I went to Japan, my homie had a hard time explaining what I did for a living to his fam, so he just said that I was "ronin".

• girgir 329 Posts
    Hamsters are like daniel-son in the heirarchy of martial arts trained rodents.

Discuss.

done.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

websites like this keep me from studying

• edubedub 715 Posts
    Musashi > Samurai = Ronin > ninja

The Book of Five Rings > The Art of War > Thirty-six Strategies

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I worked on a tv-commercial once where a Ninja chopped up chicken in full ninja-flight.
    Offcourse, all the pieces landed in the pan, and the Ninja landed on his feet after taking out all chicken hatters.

After seeing this for four long boring days, I said: Seriously, FUCK ninjas.

so, good thread.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

websites like this keep me from studying

I take that back. I just watched the video on the site and it was stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. Even studying was better.

• This is a picture of my best friend Mark showing off.

He's a lot older than me and almost done with puberty,

which is bragable.

• For some reason I found this particularly amusing.

• rza..is that you?