Rim Arrives

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I know this record has a sort of running joke with anthony pearson somehow but what is the music actually like? is it one of those crappy records that goes for loot ? let me know i just found a sealed copy not sure if i should open it or just throw it on ebay.dave

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i heard one track and i liked it. not raw funk or anything, but it was good afro-disco. i think i got that joke started when i was asking around for this record and AP said he poops out copies or something

• the record is a terd and doesn't go for much. $20?

Someone with suspect taste will no doubt jump to defend it...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    not a great record but as far as cover art goes its most definitly

I always thought of it as more valuable than a $20 LP though

• wow, one just went for $80. That's fucking foolish.

• I always thought of it as more valuable than a $20 LP though

Sheeyit I guess so... it's always around and it's not very good... I guess that doesn't stop the world's great collectros from lining their crates with doodoo butter.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I always thought of it as more valuable than a $20 LP though

Sheeyit I guess so... it's always around and it's not very good... I guess that doesn't stop the world's great collectros from lining their crates with doodoo butter.

If the Black Vinyl Junkie likes it why can't you?

• afro disco ?

this is definatly going to get sold without opening.

• Sell it homie.

• I thought this was going to be one of those posts with pics of HUGE ASSES....

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I have one for sale if anyone needs it.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I like that album! It's not the deepest LP in the world, but it's got some funky disco stuff. It's kind of like Buari. I've played it once or twice on my show to good response and I've seen it work well on the dancefloor. You are all haters and I'm going to ban the next person who bad mouths my man Rim. That includes you, paycheck.

• I'm going to ban the next person who mouths my man-Rim.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The record is not that bad. Last song, A-side is pretty fresh for some Afro-disco funkage. That said, I wouldn't pay over $20-30 for it. $80, as JP said, is foolish.

• It's kind of like Buari.

Another terd! Such a sterling recommendation...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    JP,

What would you recommend in the Afro-dance-funk category?

Not being defensive, just asking what you actually like.

• I don't really like anything called "Afro-dance-funk"

I only own a few African records, mult. Fela Kuti titles, Lijadu Sisters "Danger", and Kapingbdi. I've had all the Lafayette shit and the Ice shit on Musidisc and stuff like the SJOB Movement which is really dope. A little more fuzz and weirdness on those records.

I'm really not into the Buari record. It sounds like a bad funk jam session by session players and for funk jam sessions with african tinges I'll listen to Mandrill or something.

I am getting into some African folk shit. Birigwa and shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I'm really not into the Buari record. It sounds like a bad funk jam session by session players and for funk jam sessions with african tinges I'll listen to Mandrill or something.

It is a massive terd.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    JP,

What would you recommend in the Afro-dance-funk category?

Not being defensive, just asking what you actually like.

I'm gonna post this every 6 months till someone cosigns it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Rim Arrives = He should have stayed where he was.

• I'm really not into the Buari record. It sounds like a bad funk jam session by session players and for funk jam sessions with african tinges I'll listen to Mandrill or something.

It is a massive terd.

THIS MAN'S ASS IS STRAINED WITH A MASSIVE TERD. HE NEEDS TO LAY A TERD AT ALL COSTS BUT RIGHT NOW HE "GAMBLED AND LOST". THIS MAN CLOGS MY TOILET.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    It's kind of like Buari.

Another terd! Such a sterling recommendation...

OK dude, that's strike two...