heading to the Bay Area

friendlyshazfriendlyshaz 11 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I'll be in San Franciso, Berkley, and Hayward, Cali next week, for a week, for the first time, from Toronto. I just need some help from some Bay Area strutters on what's good to check out while i'm there. Most importantly, I want to rent a bike and ride around the city. Know any inexpensive places to rent a bike? Drop some knowledge. Thanks..

Comments

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    There's a bicycle rental place right around the corner from the SF Amoeba at Stanyan and Waller (or it might be at Stanyan and Carl, the next block). Don't know about the rates though. . . .

• There's a bicycle rental place right around the corner from the SF Amoeba at Stanyan and Waller (or it might be at Stanyan and Carl, the next block). Don't know about the rates though. . . .

Yeah, I was walking by Saturday (on my way to Amoeba) and I think I overheard someone saying that it's $7/hour.

Be extra careful cycling in SF. It's very easy to get hit by a car in this town.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I'll be in San Franciso, Berkley, and Hayward, Cali next week, for a week, for the first time, from Toronto. I just need some help from some Bay Area strutters on what's good to check out while i'm there. Most importantly, I want to rent a bike and ride around the city. Know any inexpensive places to rent a bike? Drop some knowledge. Thanks..

you know there's hills in this city, right?

just get one of these - they have GPS!

actually, they are pretty expensive...