James Brown Live?

knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
JB is coming to DC and is playing with Chuck Brown. Sounds like a killer line-up. Although, I've never seen either live before. Tickets are kind of expensive. Is JB worth seeing live these days?

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Stock answer, if you've never seen him go.

• I asked a similar questions a few months ago. Basically people said see him if you already haven't but pass if you already have. At $90 a ticket I passed.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    if only the Soul Searchers would back up JB, that shit would be

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I asked a similar questions a few months ago. Basically people said see him if you already haven't but pass if you already have. At $90 a ticket I passed.

$90 a pop? OK, stay home. He's a legend but sadly a declining one. I get free tickets for most things so I've seen him four times in the last two years and whilst it's still a good experience in the right venue he's not getting better. Supertight backing band and a generally fun night out but JB doesn't do enough singing these days. If you want to know what it'll be like then listen one of those cheap James Brown live CDs - all the right notes in all the right places, but too many medleys and not enough soul power for my liking.

Ah, but he's playing with Chuck Brown...? Maybe I would go to that. Although still not for $90 a ticket.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

Ah, but he's playing with Chuck Brown...? Maybe I would go to that. Although still not for $90 a ticket.

Yeah, I think I need to go. (Tickets are only $55 BTW). I dont know if this is a one-off or a tour. I'll have to take my brother as a christmas gift. Thanks guys.