go to hell, ron artest.

parenparen 537 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
seriously, fuck this. after supporting dude for a long while, this "asking to be traded" shit without speaking with pacers management is seriously weak. here's hoping we can still acquire peja. fuck.in an on air interview just now:"can you be happy playing for the pacers?""no. not at all... i'm hopin' I'll be gone."--FUCK YOU, RON!--back to the goodness --> 13-0 colts.

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

back to the goodness --> 13-0 colts.

• seriously, fuck this. after supporting dude for a long while, this "asking to be traded" shit without speaking with pacers management is seriously weak. here's hoping we can still acquire peja. fuck.

in an on air interview just now:

"can you be happy playing for the pacers?"

"no. not at all... i'm hopin' I'll be gone."

--

FUCK YOU, RON!

--

you must be crazy if you want peja.
    the play-offs ghost.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    you must be crazy if you want peja.
    the play-offs ghost.

then call me crazy. i doubt peja would get preoccupado with raps, and he could mentor my man, sarunas jasikevicius.

fuck, anyone want to buy a couple of artest pacers jerseys.

• I think Peja with the squad = mediocrity ain't feelin him

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Are Y'all PACERS fans?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Peja would be a total waste. Even as a 2nd or 3rd gun, he completely disappears every single post-season. The guy is soft.

And I'm sorry to say Pacer fans, but Artest was never reliable, which was why they weren't going to go anywhere with him as their 2nd best player after O'Neal.

Peja would be a total waste. Even as a 2nd or 3rd gun, he completely disappears every single post-season. The guy is soft.
    Co- sign.

And I'm sorry to say Pacer fans, but Artest was never reliable, which was why they weren't going to go anywhere with him as their 2nd best player after O'Neal.

Never............c'mon your being extreme here. W/ Reggie gone, the team's identity has dissapated. Artest was fine 2 years ago, when the Pacers had the most wins on the East Coast.

• Artest is still hard. Acts like he's 15, but he's 3-D. Like winner good.

Peja and Quentin Richardson and all these other dudes they're talkin bout are in no way his equals.

Artest is still hard. Acts like he's 15, but he's 3-D. Like winner good.

Peja and Quentin Richardson and all these other dudes they're talkin bout are in no way his equals.

U cannot get equal value at the small forward position. Anybody better is locked up in contracts. I really care less about points on the board, its that defense that he brings which iz going to be missed.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Artest is still hard. Acts like he's 15, but he's 3-D. Like winner good.

U cannot get equal value at the small forward position. Anybody better is locked up in contracts. I really care less about points on the board, its that defense that he brings which iz going to be missed.

He admittedly is a beast on defense (evident back to his days @ St. John's), but w/ all of the issues upstairs, there's nothing to suggest that he's unequivocally reliable - Reggie spoke about the dissension w/in the lockerroom earlier this year - that's a dysfunctional club right there; don't think Artest wasn't part of the concern(s) Miller was describing? He's really undermined the trust and faith that Bird invested in him (see cover story in SI recently), especially w/ last year's league enforced absence...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• I saw an interview with him on real sports on HBO and he said he only wanted to play for another couple of years. He wants to make or something instead.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    business casual, indeed.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Never............c'mon your being extreme here. W/ Reggie gone, the team's identity has dissapated. Artest was fine 2 years ago, when the Pacers had the most wins on the East Coast.
    When Reggie was with the team Artest wasn't the 2nd best player. This year he is and he's always been a head case.

Not Rasheed Wallace just too emotional headcase, not Dennis Rodman planned headcase to get attention, I mean headcase.

• When Reggie was with the team Artest wasn't the 2nd best player.

i would contend that he was actually their best player.

• parenparen 537 Posts

When Reggie was with the team Artest wasn't the 2nd best player.

then you'd very wrong...

this season, ron has been mediocre, at best, as has o'neal and the whole gang. fuck it. seriously, ron artest jerset for sale: 10 dollars.

• Ron Artest is a great defender (arguably the league???s top perimeter defender), a decent at best scorer, and an ok ball handler?????????.. Unfortunately, he's also nuts.

Take it from us Blazer fans??????.stay away from him (anyone remember J.R. Rider?). Kid is a head case??????.he???ll be outta the league in 4 years tops. He???s too unbalanced to be in the league.

His bi monthly guest spots on Best Damn Sports Show will be all you see of this kid come 2009.

Good luck Indiana.

• This season, ron has been mediocre, at best, as has o'neal and the whole gang. fuck it.

Agreed and when he's gone it will probably continue that way but who knows

It seems like Donnie Walsh is being gracious about the whole thing

Something can happen not even a quarter into the season and were only 3 games back

An Artest debate will last forever, hopefully dude gets it together somewhere his game is hard

But dude seriously...J.R. Rider? That's like comparing Rasheed Wallace to Gary Trent or something. Dude could bang but whatever!

• When Reggie was with the team Artest wasn't the 2nd best player.

then you'd very wrong...

this season, ron has been mediocre, at best, as has o'neal and the whole gang. fuck it. seriously, ron artest jerset for sale: 10 dollars.

oh dont get me wrong, he's not the guy i'd want to build that franchise around (JO, clearly ..). but as far as his impact on both ends of the floor .... there really isn't another guy in the league who can do what he does. there are other guys who are very good offensively and put up great steals numbers (lebron, iverson, etc), but nobody is close to being as good of an on-ball defender as artest is. thats why i think he had the best skill set on the pacers. the only guy who is as complete as an offensive/defensive threat is duncan, and he's still not the defender artest is. but you're right in that artest's volatility puts a huge asterisk next to everything. i'm a knicks guy, and while i'd love for us to get him (i personally don't think we can get him without giving up frye, which is not going to happen) i wouldn't ever want to mortgage our future for him for that very reason.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    WTF, they traded him for Peja?

dude the Kings deserve to fail

• WTF, they traded him for Peja?

dude the Kings deserve to fail

huh?

first of all, they got a better player, albeit a much, much more volatile one. but peja is in the last year of his contract and looked like he wanted to go elsewhere anyway, so they risked losing him for nothing. the webber trade really exposed peja as a one-dimensional player who isn't quite good enough to be the first option, which is what a lot of people (the kings included) assumed when they made that deal. he was averaging almost 25 points per game for the first half of last season and hasn't even come close to that since he was expected to shoulder more of the load. and now the notoriously defense-averse kings have one of the top-3 defenders in the league (probably the best perimeter defender) to go with their offensive options. not bad.

that said, i don't think ron artest is going to be a good fit, and i think it'll be way too easy for him to think he's the top dog in sacto and fuck everything up. if it works, it'll only work temporarily, and it's only a matter of time before he wears out his welcome their or does to them what he did to indiana. they're a pretty forgiving organization. the clash of personalities is almost inevitable.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    huh?

first of all, they got a better player, albeit a much, much more volatile[/b] one.
    i don't think ron artest is going to be a good fit
    if it works, it'll only work temporarily, and it's only a matter of time before he wears out his welcome their or does to them what he did to indiana.
    the clash of personalities is almost inevitable.

:careerover:

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    c'mon, you didn't like it when he sported that maitre'd moustache?

i think somebody posted some ron artest lines here once and they were so funny/bad. i wish i could find that post

(paging reynaldo)

• well, the subplot here is that geoff petrie needed to make a significant move because that team has been in a steady decline since he traded webber, who was having a great season at the time and is putting up good numbers in philly. that was a bigger move than people realize. his other additions (shareef, bonzi) have been individually ok but the team isnt doing anything. so bringing in ron ron solves a few problems - they get something in return for a player who was going to be an unrestricted free agent and could have left without compensation, and he gets a chance to fill a void he left when he traded his franchise player. what can you say - petrie is swinging for the fences here. if it all works out they could be very good, but if it doesn't work out they'll deal and move on. i think it was becoming pretty clear that peja wasn't their future anyway. everybody understands how risky it is to go get artest, but he can be good enough to make it worthwhile.

and trust, geoff petrie is one of the best/most shrewd/smartest GMs in the league. you've got to give him the benefit of the doubt for now ...

I'm actually really curious with how the fans in Sactown react to getting Artest. I don't see that being a very happy honeymoon. The marriage itself? I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

From ESPN, Ron Artest DOES NOT want to go to Sacramento.

This should be entertaining...

NOW: Sacramento rejects the trade, because Ron doesn't want to be there.

FALSE ALARM PEOPLE, NOTHING TO SEE HERE