Scrabble makes the world go 'round

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
any other players on here? Who's the soulstrut king of scrabble?http://www.isc.ro

Comments

• I'm ok at Scrabble, but if anyone wants to play me in Boggle, prepare to get CLOWNED.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i've just started playing again (since i was a kid) lately, but i suck. i love the random short words though, like "em" and "en" which are typesetters terms for 1/6 of an inch and 1/12 of an inch. who knew.

• I play off and on(since I was a kid)..but after renting the scrabble documentary "Word Wars"..I had to get back in the game.

www.scrabble.ro

I play off and on(since I was a kid)..but after renting the scrabble documentary "Word Wars"..I had to get back in the game.

www.scrabble.ro

do you recommend the movie? as good as spellbound?

• I play off and on(since I was a kid)..but after renting the scrabble documentary "Word Wars"..I had to get back in the game.

www.scrabble.ro

do you recommend the movie? as good as spellbound?

yeah its dope. especially if you like scrabble to begin with. its a trip how into this game some dudes are. some have that weirdo R Crumb obsessive steez going on. good flick..check it out

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the best girlfriends I have ever had were the ones who would play Scrabble with me...I was undefeated and loving it, until my ex laid me out with some "quizshow" bullshit...the arguments over whether that was a hyphenated word or not went on for months...

the best girlfriends I have ever had were the ones who would play Scrabble with me...I was undefeated and loving it, until my ex laid me out with some "quizshow" bullshit...the arguments over whether that was a hyphenated word or not went on for months...

ain't even an argument. two words, or hyphenated, period. one word is bullshit.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

i've just started playing again (since i was a kid) lately, but i suck. i love the random short words though, like "em" and "en" which are typesetters terms for 1/6 of an inch and 1/12 of an inch. who knew.

That's the way to play, though. I read an interview in -- I think -- The Onion about a Scrabble player. Evidently, they play according to probability and use short, short words.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I'm ok at Scrabble, but if anyone wants to play me in Boggle, prepare to get CLOWNED.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I'm ok at Scrabble, but if anyone wants to play me in Boggle, prepare to get CLOWNED.

I hear that Mike once lost to Boggle Playing Chicken.

• I hear that Mike once lost to Boggle Playing Chicken.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I was seriously obsessed with Scrabble last summer, for about 4 weeks. I would challenge anyone that walked into my apartment. Once I started killing fools, they all stopped playing me, and I lost my drive. Haven't played since.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I love some scrabble, esp with the gf. I have a pretty good vocabulary, so I'll make some obscure two letter word, watch as they question the authenticity, then I'll shrug, sigh and say "challenge it if you don't believe me." They never do. I'm also the guy that clogs up the board.

Any strutters want to play yahoo chess? And co-sign on quizshow, not a word. You win.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

ain't even an argument. two words, or hyphenated, period. one word is bullshit.

Did I mention how hot she was? haha...I coulda challenged, but the whole "I have won every game we have ever played" thing was getting a little tired, and she was soooo proud of that word, it was like..."okey, you win, now lets go have a little post-scrabble-you-won-hoo-hah!!"

• if anyone is down for a Strutter Scrabble challange..go to http://www.isc.ro

my handle is HEW1978

and whats the word with Boggle? I know the name..but I have never played. Is is scrabble-like? I do remember Upwords as well...which was cool..but I am just scrabble man myself.

a couple of years ago we had a pretty bad ice storm(for here especially) and I was without power/heat for a week(with no car I might add). If it wasnt for beer,scrabble,multiple hoodies/parkas,and flashlights..I would not have survived.(Ovulationist definately got SERVED that week!) Thank you Scrabble!

I will also admit I was in a Scrabble club in highschool...WHUT!!!

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    I'm the scrabble king. I've played High-C's girl once at games.com and deepstank live. I never been to isc.ro but I'll have to check it to get a strut game on!

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Tell us, Mr Meatyogre, what was your strategy? Did you go for big words, small words, or a fist to your opponent's face?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    whoa, scrabble club in high school????? sounds dope (cough cough)

for real, i wish i had the time right now to play, cause i set those tiles on fire.
    ge#rg%s, you are scrabbleking in your mindgarden, id have you callin out for vannawhite on some can i please buy a vowel shit.

internet scrabble sounds a lil odd. couldnt you just be sitting there with a dictionary in your lap?

scrabble is like a combination of chess, poker, crosswords. thas my shit.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    interestingly enough i was most likely playing scrabble at 1:22 when this was posted.

i'm not the best, but i hold my ground against the best.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    T$*y - you been to my crib and didn't call me out!?!?!?! We'll have to get them tiles cracking between future Cramp trades!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    if id a only known, we coulda played some highstakes scrabble...
    i prolly woulda walked off with asome ill stacks of metal!!!!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    "I'm a pre-Mecca Malcolm playing SCRABBLE" -Marlon

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    "I'm a pre-Mecca Malcolm playing SCRABBLE" -Marlon

He makes a point to speak and write in full Ebonics

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    and boggle is for squares.

• whoa, scrabble club in high school????? sounds dope (cough cough)

well in high school it was mandatory that you join a club..so once I found out they had a Scrabble club....