OFFICIAL WEEKEND FINDS THRAED Dec. 9 - 11, 2005!

Comments

• ?!?!?!!?!?!?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Feel the heat.

• Feel the heat.
    That Sex Symbols LP has the Tighten Up w/ spanish lyrics, right? One of the hottest versions of that song, and that's saying a lot.

Yup. indiana45s had it on his latin mix. Upon hearing it I knew I had to own it.

• Feel the heat.
    That Sex Symbols LP has the Tighten Up w/ spanish lyrics, right? One of the hottest versions of that song, and that's saying a lot.

I think I had that on another TNT Band LP.

Also on a Cotique comp for Hi-C that I had at one point.

• Feel the heat.

I have the Hi-C comp and it's not on that (the Meditiation is though, which is another Tighten-Up style song by them). But the Spanish version shits all over the Meditation.

• Feel the heat.

I have the Hi-C comp and it's not on that (the Meditiation is though, which is another Tighten-Up style song by them). But the Spanish version shits all over the Meditation.

Tighten-Up is only on Sex Symbols, The Meditation is a comp of their first two albums, "TNT=Dynamite" and "Mission Accomplished." TNT Band doesn't get enough shine. Tito Ramos and Tony Rojas have to be some of the best latin soul singers ever. They also sing on Johnny Colon's first two LPs, so good. Too bad they broke up and didn;t release anything else together, their solo albums are

• Tighten-Up is only on Sex Symbols, The Meditation is a comp of their first two albums, "TNT=Dynamite" and "Mission Accomplished." TNT Band doesn't get enough shine. Tito Ramos and Tony Rojas have to be some of the best latin soul singers ever. They also sing on Johnny Colon's first two LPs, so good. Too bad they broke up and didn;t release anything else together, their solo albums are The "Introducing" Tony Rojas albums has some moments. Played a track from it out last night and it had the dance floor jumping.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i prefer sonny bravo's version of Tighten Up but that's just me.

"Golding up":

• 7) Some Hair bullshit I picked up at a new record store just to buy something. Is this even worth putting my needle on or should it go straight to the bay? Actually, is this even worth putting on the bay? Do the Hair people like this?

it's done by mort garson, and it's one of the better hair renditions imo. was sampled a bunch of times over the course of the years. you can't get much for it on ebay, maximum 10 if it's in good condition and you spam the-breaks beforehand. but i'd give it a listen or two if you dig that moog sound.

• Damn, you've chewed away half your thumbnail!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    hi

keepers:[/b]

(word to Aleit for that CAKE)

sells:

[/b]

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

paging Rey, salsa for dayz:

Not all Latin records are the same, Mark--I doubt Rey wants any of that stuff.

haha I figured

• Not all Latin records are the same, Mark--I doubt Rey wants any of that stuff.

i like the condesending edgy tude. its exciting. we need more of that. give me some fire! and thats right mark... barretto the salsa years is not the same as pepe moreno blowing your eardrums out with the gnarlist polorhythm shit ever. thousand finger man and shit peurvian style. shit dude. hard boogaloo with knock you on your ass. nice records however.

Yah, the funny thing is for a city that is so close to the border I rarely see latin stuff out here, Tomsims and Kader bought all the goodies I guess. Sigh.

I was excited to pull some random terds today, if anyone wants an instant Salsa collection, hollar.

• latin records are from puerto rico and new york. mexican records are from mexico.

latin records are from puerto rico and new york. mexican records are from mexico.

good point, 7001

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    there's some nice tunes on the Ralphi Leavitt LP- mi barrio.

Rey probably has skipped over it on his ebay latin tutorial (no mexican). paint the label gold and he might be more interested.

glad you got the cake.

tell us more about some of the more obscure looking records in that picture. no idea what you got there- bottom row, second one in. a few others look cool.

i love the tabou combo mid-70's. great compas before they went too disco. i'm a sucker for that stuff and The Masters is great!

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    tell us more about some of the more obscure looking records in that picture. no idea what you got there- bottom row, second one in. a few others look cool.

michael garrison. late 70s private new age with moog flourishes dedicated to the nasa voyager missions. interesting but not as good as it sounds in theory.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

michael garrison. late 70s private new age with moog flourishes dedicated to the nasa voyager missions. interesting but not as good as it sounds in theory.

Thanks for the information. See it didn't look like anything that would my cup of tea, but I want to hear about records that I've never seen before. LONG LIVE SEXUAL FREEDOM! LONG LIVE COMMUNISM!

oops wrong thread.

• 7) Some Hair bullshit I picked up at a new record store just to buy something. Is this even worth putting my needle on or should it go straight to the bay? Actually, is this even worth putting on the bay? Do the Hair people like this?

it's done by mort garson, and it's one of the better hair renditions imo. was sampled a bunch of times over the course of the years. you can't get much for it on ebay, maximum 10 if it's in good condition and you spam the-breaks beforehand. but i'd give it a listen or two if you dig that moog sound.

I gave it a listen and it was better than I expected. It's just not my thing. Thanks for the info, though.

• Options
    latin records are from puerto rico and new york. mexican records are from mexico.

I'm sure our SOuth American freind would beg to disagree.

K in Canada.

• reskresk 391 Posts

I'm sure our SOuth American freind would beg to disagree.

K in Canada.

Word, "Latin" is a pretty broad term, that should cover all of Latin America (meaning Brazil as well, a non Spanish speaking country).
    But there will definitley be a big diffrence between Puerto Rican Latin and Mexican Latin music. "Latin" for music is way to general to begin with, there are too many Latin genres.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    anthony is right though, you hardly ever find Tico/Fania style "Latin" in SoCal. You find Mexican Ranchero records & Los Angeles Negros records.

• Found this odd library yesterday. Great title. I suspect it's not really electronic. Just weirdly altered percussion, guitar and organ. I couldn't find much info but Johnny Trunk wrote a bit online on it and says: "It sometimes gives you the sensation of being at the dentist and sitting in your relaxing front room at the same time".

Found this one too. Pretty good stuff. Wasn't cheap

I didn't know about this record but at first hearing it's rather good. Music for film productions for some nature museum in Australia, mixed with animal sounds. Pete's Pond stuff.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Got this Beany and Cecil record player, still works too- not like I'm gonna be ruining my records with it though.

Jeff Moore- the youngest son is a limited reish of 300. I figure I'll never find an OG for under a 1000 bucks. Great canadian folk/psych.

The lp with the stamp on it looks like a boot of some sort, I have no idea who the group is as I haven't had time to listen to it yet.

And a Fugi "mary don't take me on no bad trip" 45 on cadet.

Now I gotta "find" some xmas presents for some other people.

• Friday night:[/b]
    Sonny Fortune - Long Before Our Mothers Cried

Saturday:[/b]
    Terry Callier ??? What Color Is Love
    Eddie Hazel ??? Games, Dames and Guitar Thangs
    Albert Heath ??? Kawaida
    Grant Green ??? The Final Comedown

Sunday:[/b]
    Sadat X ??? Wild Cowboys

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    damn, saturday was a good day for you