1st vs 2nd press with these LPs????

GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
1) Ronnie Foster "Two Headed Freap" was released '72, so according to this site: http://ronpenndorf.com/labelography.htmlthe label is suppose to be like the labelscan pictured below because they ran with this label from '70-'73 though they used another one in between.I have a copy where the label is like this with black writing.But I also have a copy where the label is like the one pictured below and this seems strange to me as the site says they ran with this label from1966 to 1970.Does anyone have an explaination for me?2) I know there's the copy with the yellow frame of Idris Muhammad "Power of Soul" and then I have a copy where the cover is black with a picture of idris in the middle.I've not figured this out yet, Which came first? any good explainations?3) There's suppose to be two different pressings of Milton Wright's "Friends and Buddies" one with "Keep it up" and one with out. But which came first? I've heard alot of people say, especially in their ebay auctions that it was the one with keep it up but on this site they don't agree: http://www.geocities.jp/tfgroove/croom4) Last one is Titti (Sj??blom) "Lars Samuelsons Orkester" with the break on "Spridda Skurar". This is a Swedish record as far as I know so you would think that the swedish press on telestar came first but I have a german press on mca and she looks much younger on this cover. It says 1971 on the Mca issue. Besides the break the only good track on the LP is "Vi kan b??rja om" but I was told that that track was not on the telestar issue. Could somebody check the year on the telestar issue?

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

2) I know there's the copy with the yellow frame of Idris Muhammad "Power of Soul" and then I have a copy where the cover is black with a picture of idris in the middle.
    I've not figured this out yet, Which came first? any good explainations?

the black one is the promo press.

• 2) I know there's the copy with the yellow frame of Idris Muhammad "Power of Soul" and then I have a copy where the cover is black with a picture of idris in the middle.
    I've not figured this out yet, Which came first? any good explainations?

the black one is the promo press.

something told me it was like that. I remember a groover washington where the promo had a different cover too.
    But thanks for confirming!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I thought one was a CTI press & one was a Kudu press?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I would find it shocking if they did a whole separate sleeve for the promo run... CTI changed distribution deals a few times during the 70s and reissued everything a few times as well... yet I still have no answers... mine is the yellow border and I believe it to be a first but I'm no authority...