Options

Friday in Scarborough....

edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Couldn't be botherd to locate the weekday finds thread...some of the hardest hitting ska and rocksteady collections I've hit on...Killer roots instrumental over the SIlvertones "Cheating and Lying" - a 12inch only track (and a personal fav).Deep soulful ska of the utmost quality.Unknown Wailers/Soulettes track. Not in any book, including Steffens recent definitive recordings book.Damn, this is nice..King Sporty chanting over an ultra-tough Studio 1 rhythm.Dark jazzy ska intrumental.Boom roots Canadian-only cut....with a dubGorgeous female vocal ska on early JA randy's label.Coxsone Paragons or Duke Reid Paragons? take your pick.Deep flute funk courtesy of the Sound Dimension.Very rare Treasure ISle SLim SMith cut with some hip hop heat for an introAnytime someone is named Soul Whomever, I pick it up. I'm at about a 75% boom tune ratio.Roland can play ska.Alton can sing soul.

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

Who do you usually buy from? Older dudes I'd imagine.

• I thought this was going to be On saturday?

• Options
    The older they are, the more anxious I am. I like being musically schooled.

K.

• Options
    I thought this was going to be On saturday?

Oh, it will be (that's the following Saturday Dec 17th, by the way). FUnny how this comes up just as I'm booked for a ska and rocksteady gig.

Anyone wanna book me for Caribbean funk/soul night???

K.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    how was biking in the snow today?

• Options

Doubles we delicious, though.

K.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    holy shit dude - get a fucking trailer already.

• Options
    My body is more comfortable in limbo.

That pic is from 2 bike accidents back - today was uneventful (bike wise)..though I did see a Richie Commando whose lock I was tempted to tap (yes freon gas).

K.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    took me an hr to shovel my driveway, then I went back in and decided it was wise to avoid the real world for today.

that looks like it stings like lime juice on a paper cut when you shower.........

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    My body is more comfortable in limbo.

That pic is from 2 bike accidents back - today was uneventful (bike wise)..though I did see a Richie Commando whose lock I was tempted to tap (yes freon gas).

K.

you guys are too macho for USA headz

dayum

• Options

that looks like it stings like lime juice on a paper cut when you shower.........

YOu don't realize how many people pat you on the shoulder until something like this happens. SHowering was not fun either.

K.