Why does everybody wanna say their a buisinessman?

13»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    please tell me you do it because you love it, not just because its lucrative.

Why are these things mutually exclusive?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I'm saying... and these poptart fans always wanna get upset when they hear that kind of real talk; "Sheed said his feelings would not be hurt by being traded as long as somebody cuts his check! How dare he not take personal umbrage at the thought that he will no longer be playing for our hometown organization and instead suggest that financial security is his top priority!"

Cosign. That's why I hate talking sports and generally try to avoid it - people can't seem to draw the distinction between some sort of illogical regional affinity and business. If someone offered 99.9% of those idiots (fans) a few mil to change jobs, they would.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm saying... and these poptart fans always wanna get upset when they hear that kind of real talk; "Sheed said his feelings would not be hurt by being traded as long as somebody cuts his check! How dare he not take personal umbrage at the thought that he will no longer be playing for our hometown organization and instead suggest that financial security is his top priority!"

Cosign. That's why I hate talking sports and generally try to avoid it - people can't seem to draw the distinction between some sort of illogical regional affinity and business. If someone offered 99.9% of those idiots (fans) a few mil to change jobs, they would.

Yeah, it's bizarre the way some people actually expect NBA players to have some abstract sense of lyalty to the organization/city when the organizations trade those guys like cards. Like Spree said, feed your family.

• Yeah, it's bizarre the way some people actually expect NBA players to have some abstract sense of lyalty to the organization/city when the organizations trade those guys like cards. Like Spree said, feed your family.

Don't you dare presume to impugn my fany.

We are having a symposium in two weeks, the subject is
    ball-till-you-fallism, base fanyhood vs. fany bassism, and
    wry lyalty.

Poptarts will be served.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Like Spree said, feed your family.
    You mean you don't think Spree was being a "greedy fuck" for wanting a better contract?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Like Spree said, feed your family.
    You mean you don't think Spree was being a "greedy fuck" for wanting a better contract?

No, I don't. When a guy like Spree refers to his "family" in that context, I assume he's speaking metaphorically; he may well be supporting half the people in the neighborhood that he grew up in. He's certainly referring to a larger group of people than his immediate nuclear family. He should've taken that contract, though, cuz it was a lot more generous than whatever he'll be offered after last year.

• All i am saying is lets be artists first. Please try to innovate a little bit, rather than just shooting for the minimum risk buisiness bottom line. Its music, not U.S. steel. Lets be artists first. thats all.

All i am saying is lets be artists first. Please try to innovate a little bit, rather than just shooting for the minimum risk buisiness bottom line. Its music, not U.S. steel. Lets be artists first. thats all.

All i am saying is lets be artists first. Please try to innovate a little bit, rather than just shooting for the minimum risk buisiness bottom line. Its music, not U.S. steel. Lets be artists first. thats all.