Archie Shepp / Attica Blues appreciation post

dig_thisdig_this 279 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
all I'm saying is that I didn't get around to listening to this record until this year but it's on right now for about the 11th time this week. fresh pot of coffee, 7" of snow on my yard in Chicago, "Steam" on the stereo. nice.

Comments

• all I'm saying is that I didn't get around to listening to this record until this year but it's on right now for about the 11th time this week.

fresh pot of coffee, 7" of snow on my yard in Chicago, "Steam" on the stereo. nice.

great album indeed

• Part one or two? Ain't winter a bitch.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Ballad For A Child

• i've honestly never gotten into that album. it's okay, but overall i don't think it's even one of shepp's best. i'd recommend this one:

the incredible jeanne lee on vocals, philly joe jones on drums, malachi favors bass, dave burrell piano, and lester bowie on trumpet

• i've honestly never gotten into that album. it's okay, but overall i don't think it's even one of shepp's best. i'd recommend this one:

the incredible jeanne lee on vocals, philly joe jones on drums, malachi favors bass, dave burrell piano, and lester bowie on trumpet

cool, thanks for the recommendation.....there's a bunch of Actuel I've not listened to.

btw, nice 666th post

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wonderful LP. 10/10 for me. Very diverse. Quiet Dawn is a great way to end.