Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
.....on cd !

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    nice collection

• "The Stone Killer"........hell yes!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Appreciate the thought that's gone into the arranging of the titles for photos.

Where the hell sells copies of the black emmanuelle film soundtracks on cd?

• Where the hell sells copies of the black emmanuelle film soundtracks on cd?

http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/blackemanuelle.htm

• Gator!!!

Nice collection.

I saw a vinyl of that Enter the Dragon the other day. Any good?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

it's OK don't pay more than $20

saying this as a BIG Lalo fan too.

• I saw a vinyl of that Enter the Dragon the other day. Any good?

IMHO is one of the better lalo ost EVAR

really? that one was just not my thing. "Broken Mirrors" is a dope track, though.

• I saw a vinyl of that Enter the Dragon the other day. Any good?

really? that one was just not my thing. "Broken Mirrors" is a dope track, though.

mmhh, I don't know your tastes, but I would say that the "main titles" is one of the dopest theme out of a 70s movie

...(and we are talking of a decade full of memorable theme songs).... ..

.......sampans is also a great suspense tracks

so "vive la difference" !

I like Bullit.

• What are the opinions on "Sol Madrid"? I keep putting it in the get-rid-of-it crate. I keep pulling it out before selling the stuff, thinking, hey there are some dope tracks on here. Next month it's in the to sell crate again and the whole thing repeats itself. There's something about that record. The cover is ugly as hell. It would probably get attached to it if it had a cool cover. But it's again in the collection. I should put a sticker on it to warn me for this crazy little ritual.

Murderers Row is wack though.

• I like Bullit.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Some of my favorites. Thanks for posting this!

• What are the opinions on "Sol Madrid"? I keep putting it in the get-rid-of-it crate. I keep pulling it out before selling the stuff, thinking, hey there are some dope tracks on here. Next month it's in the to sell crate again and the whole thing repeats itself. There's something about that record. The cover is ugly as hell. It would probably get attached to it if it had a cool cover. But it's again in the collection. I should put a sticker on it to warn me for this crazy little ritual.

never heard "sol madrid" or "murderer's raw"

lalo still has some unissued 70's "action" ost that maybe in the future could see the light of the day through his aleph label:

Don Siegel's "Charley Varrick",

one more Charles Bronson flick named "St Ives"

and the blaxploitation flick named "Hit !"

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    do you have any records?

What are the opinions on "Sol Madrid"? I keep putting it in the get-rid-of-it crate. I keep pulling it out before selling the stuff, thinking, hey there are some dope tracks on here. Next month it's in the to sell crate again and the whole thing repeats itself. There's something about that record. The cover is ugly as hell. It would probably get attached to it if it had a cool cover. But it's again in the collection. I should put a sticker on it to warn me for this crazy little ritual.

I like Sol Madrid, but, I did sell mine. At one point I had 85% of his lps (I think) Murderers Row is one I've never heard. Was it even released in the states? I've just never been able to find it, or the live in Argentina one

• I had it, but sold it. It's on Colgems. While checking for pictures I see it's actually a Matt Helm film. Might be a good one. Anyway, music is very much easy tune. No interesting beats, much harsh brass. No typical soundtrack music. It's probably all used as source music.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    do you have any records?

speaks

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Does DEATH WISH 2 exists on CD?

Nice cover that Double Trouble! Magnum Force!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

What you REALLY need though is the JP double vinyl, with the extra tracks and dialog. Super dope.

• do you have any records?

I have more records than you, kid.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    where they at?

• where they at?

the hidden treasure is in my parents basement

• Does DEATH WISH 2 exists on CD?

I don't know, but recently they reissued " & his pack ", you know the fake sequel composed by Alan Silvestri

I suggest you to look for that "takin of pelham 1,2,3"

...great stuff never issued before !

• speakin of records, anyone knows this one ? I just found today, but still didn't have the chance to listen to it

• I suggest you to look for that "takin of pelham 1,2,3"

Shit yeah! I love that record. Officially not a reissue so it's save to buy for us OG nerds. What I like a lot about that record is that it's not a reworking of the music to fit in an album format as many "original" soundtracks often are. They just included all those little cues and versions of the themes.

Someone had me listening to the movie version of Bullit and that was nice to hear too. I think it was released a while back. The mix has a very different sound. I was suprised a while back too when watching Yojimbo where the music is mixed very differently that that of the record. I think I often prefer the movie mix.

BTW that CD release of Manix on Schifrin's own label is re-recorded, but still it has some good moments IMO.

Oh, and Strider, you know your soundtracks but still: pick up Murph the Surf (cheap one) and Stilletto if you haven't yet. Both incredible.

• rare? dope nonetheless...

and for the record, enter the dragon has some incredible moments...

• There's a great version of "Thief who came to Dinner" on that "Hanging out with Mancini" record. How's the rest of the soundtrack? The melody was used in more than one Hindi film for some reason (Rafoo Chakkar and Haath ki Safai among others).

• I suggest you to look for that "takin of pelham 1,2,3"

Shit yeah! I love that record. Officially not a reissue so it's save to buy for us OG nerds. What I like a lot about that record is that it's not a reworking of the music to fit in an album format as many "original" soundtracks often are. They just included all those little cues and versions of the themes.

Someone had me listening to the movie version of Bullit and that was nice to hear too. I think it was released a while back. The mix has a very different sound. I was suprised a while back too when watching Yojimbo where the music is mixed very differently that that of the record. I think I often prefer the movie mix.

BTW that CD release of Manix on Schifrin's own label is re-recorded, but still it has some good moments IMO.

yeas I heard from a friend that movie version of bullitt,superior stuff.

actually the LP version that originally come out with the film release has a rock edge that really doesn't fit the mood of the track.

same as for "starsky & hutch" theme ...I was lookin for that LP by Tom Scott forever and when I finally found it , the re-recorded version simply nauseated me....

unfortunately they never put in any format out THIS version ,damn !

download here :
    http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3M1J17TQILUUJ1GV6ZSDM381WX