BEP: Black Eyed Peas/Posers?

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Yeah, I'm sure y'all with 500+ posts plus have "had this conversation" but I'm interested in the SS community's opinion on BEP.Loved Behind the Front...wore that shit out Junior year of college...everything else seemed to go sucky after I saw them in the Dr. Pepper commercial...so what the fuck...yeah they gotta get paid, but their whole sound changed...(admittedly I jam to Let's get it Started if on radio but will not purchase because it's just not that good...

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    admittedly I jam to Let's get it Started if on radio

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    corny shit for people who dont like rap

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    BEP is for the youth, so you might be too old to get what they're laying down.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    BEP is for the youth, so you might be too old to get what they're laying down.

They do their thing, I hope they're gettin rich.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    yeah, they sold out big time. brought on that girl for eye candy and mass appeal, then started selling their souls to everything with a check book. not hating, but they don't make music i like anymore.

yeah, they sold out big time. brought on that girl for eye candy and mass appeal, then started selling their souls to everything with a check book. not hating, but they don't make music i like anymore.

Maybe they make shit you like in their basement, the one in their mansion since they blew the fuck up.

You can't hate on people who know basic math.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Alls I know is I once saw this group the Atban Clan in LA and their "Puddles of H2O" jam was sorta halfway nice. Then I dunno. It's been all dickeys and ascots since then.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Lol at no one wanting to sound like a hater. "they getting they paper" and shit like that.

Thats all well and good...but black eyed peas is fucking gay.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    they suck

only song i liked was "fallin up"

will had something to do with the latest Blood Of Abraham, that was solid.

Lol at no one wanting to sound like a hater. "they getting they paper" and shit like that.

Thats all well and good...but black eyed peas is fucking gay.

Well....... yeah, they are gay.

• I'll never forget when i heard Fallin Up I thought it was so ill! From there it was all down hill. My friend saw them live, I asked him what he thought he said what a bunch of posers they were talking about graffiti and acting all rastafarian. After the show he went up to them and interupted Will I Am eating a "nasty swine sub" he asked if he could demonstrate their tagging ability since they had mentioned it during the concert..oh how i wish i could somehow show you the masterpiece "BEP" tag. Ever since then I've been on the hate wagon.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yeah, I'm sure y'all with 500+ posts plus have "had this conversation" but I'm interested in the SS community's opinion on BEP.

Loved Behind the Front...wore that shit out Junior year of college...everything else seemed to go sucky after I saw them in the Dr. Pepper commercial...so what the fuck...yeah they gotta get paid, but their whole sound changed...(admittedly I jam to Let's get it Started if on radio but will not purchase because it's just not that good...

Those dudes are garbage and always have been.

Anybody who has ever owned any of their albums is immediately suspect.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Yeah, I'm sure y'all with 500+ posts plus have "had this conversation" but I'm interested in the SS community's opinion on BEP.

Loved Behind the Front...wore that shit out Junior year of college...everything else seemed to go sucky after I saw them in the Dr. Pepper commercial...so what the fuck...yeah they gotta get paid, but their whole sound changed...(admittedly I jam to Let's get it Started if on radio but will not purchase because it's just not that good...

IMG SRC="http://cogsci.ucsd.edu/~rliebsch/memo.jpg" width=350>

But what if that was before I got the memo from the SoulStrut Special Friends Club? I swear I didn't KNOW I wasn't in compliance! I didn't mean to like "Joints and Jam"!! I swear! PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME SUSPECT!

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

what about a cassete single??

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

=

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

actually i have a white label (actually blank white label) 12" of the atban clan "puddles of h20" if anyone is interested.

• he asked if he could demonstrate their tagging ability since they had mentioned it during the concert
    he asked if he could demonstrate their tagging ability since they had mentioned it during the concert
    he asked if he could demonstrate their tagging ability since they had mentioned it during the concert

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Dudes act like they just didn't know... "well, when I heard 'Fallin Up' and 'Joints And Jams' I had NO IDEA they were going to go off and make fratboy-poptart-rap! I was completely BLINDSIDED by their corniness!!!"

Dudes act like they just didn't know... "well, when I heard 'Fallin Up' and 'Joints And Jams' I had NO IDEA they were going to go off and make fratboy-poptart-rap! I was completely BLINDSIDED by their corniness!!!"

Saying.

"Falling Up" actually marked a minor turning point for me in that it was a big record on the college radio mixshow that I grew up listening to (from 1989 onwards) and was one of the first records that those guys embraced that made me start to think their taste was moving in a different direction from mine. That sh!t featured some of the worst most incompetently delivered rapping I have ever heard and seemed uniquely calculated to appeal to people that like certain rap records for what they are not ("these guys don't talk about drug dealing or money like those other rappers!") rather than for what they are. Hot garbage.

Saying.

"Falling Up" actually marked a minor turning point for me in that it was a big record on the college radio mixshow that I grew up listening to (from 1989 onwards) and was one of the first records that those guys embraced that made me start to think their taste was moving in a different direction from mine. That sh!t featured some of the worst most incompetently delivered rapping I have ever heard and seemed uniquely calculated to appeal to people that like certain rap records for what they are not ("these guys don't talk about drug dealing or money like those other rappers!") rather than for what they are. Hot garbage.

Look, I said I didn't get the memo ok?

I promptly left my promos in a heap by the garbage this morning!
    But I think I can get someone into poptart rap to sling me a big trade for the Will.I.Am solo vinyl on BBE, but y'all gotta cool it with the zings or you'll blow the cash value to zip!

Saying.

Look, I said I didn't get the memo ok?

I promptly left my promos in a heap by the garbage this morning!
    But I think I can get someone into poptart rap to sling me a big trade for the Will.I.Am solo vinyl on BBE, but y'all gotta cool it with the zings or you'll blow the cash value to zip!

Hey, nobody said that you were "wack"; only that you are "suspect"... meaning that your taste will be subject to heightened scrutiny until such time as I forget about this incident (which will probably be no later than ~2:00 this afternoon).

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I'll be the first to admit when I first heard that terrible "Where is the Love" joint I thought it was the new Goodie Mob or something. I was like, "here Cee-Low goes again on his soap box..."

Hey, nobody said that you were "wack"; only that you are "suspect"... meaning that your taste will be subject to heightened scrutiny until such time as I forget about this incident (which will probably be no later than ~2:00 this afternoon).

Whew!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I'll be the first to admit when I first heard that terrible "Where is the Love" joint I thought it was the new Goodie Mob

seriously i don't get the comparision

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'll be the first to admit when I first heard that terrible "Where is the Love" joint I thought it was the new Goodie Mob

seriously i don't get the comparision

i'm with noz on this, all the recent goodie has been dope

cee-lo hasn't been in the group in a while either