Project Runway (NRR)

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
It's sad that I made plans around the 2-hr season premiere this week. Did anyone watch it? i loved that blue jersey cotton dress made by the vietnamese broad and the turquoise baby doll dress made by the cocky assholei love this show!

Comments

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    shit how did i miss this???!!!!

• i taped it. they will probably have another encore presentation since they replayed the whole 2hr episode again right after.

they let daniel franco have another shot. some other dude was hyperventil-bawling on stage to distract the judges from his poorly assembled denim dress with his unexpected (& kinda disturbing) outpour of emotions.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    dude. when is this on???????/

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what about the designer with the magnets and cameras in her schitt?

• what about the designer with the magnets and cameras in her schitt?

yeah she's interesting too. it always surprises me how a lot of these designers don't dress all fashionable but on the contrary, the designs they come up for their garments are creative & pretty.

dubious and anna - i checked and bravo is rerunning the two 1-hour episodes like 50 bazillion times before next week's episode (wed @ 10PM)

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    thank you missdamn!

this is wifey's fave show and we hadnt even realised the new season started

• Only tv show I watch...was great.

How glad are you that Ms. Alabama is gone?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    DAMN DAMN DAMN

this is the best show ever

Santino you are forgiven after the Tim Gunn impression (is that really you on Myspace) hahaha
    Michael Kors SHUT UP. most annoying judge in reality tv history
    Kara your dress looks like it came from Target
    Andrae I can't stand you. Please cry again so they aufweidersen your melodramatic ass away

Weeeeeeeeee!

And for all you Strutters that have more money than me, go to the PR store cause headz don't know you can bid on their garments for cheap (I guess they don't really publisize this on the show). You can tell the wifey when you buy that dress for $70 that it was on TV!

i am aware i have an unhealthy obsession with this show

• i am aware i have an unhealthy obsession with this show

Straight racing home 80 mph down a sidestreet to make the 10:00 jump off is not healthy

Forgoing plates and eating lo mein and dumplings out the package on my bed in front of the TV might be healthy but is probably not sanitary

• every time andrae opens his mouth all wide like that i keep wanting to shove a chicken down his throat or some shit

like come on dude, it is not possible to be that surprised about anything

• i am aware i have an unhealthy obsession with this show

Straight racing home 80 mph down a sidestreet to make the 10:00 jump off is not healthy

Forgoing plates and eating lo mein and dumplings out the package on my bed in front of the TV might be healthy but is probably not sanitary

I force my girlfriend to watch this show with me, not the other way around. It freaks her out a little.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    dude practically everything is moved out of my place except my tv because i didn't want to miss last night's episode.

I, too, want to put some kind of poultry in Andrae's big ass mouth. I think a Turkey would be a better fit. if he was a bird he would be a turkey.

• i'm guilty. I feel dirty admitting I am a fan of this show.

• every time andrae opens his mouth all wide like that i keep wanting to shove a chicken down his throat or some shit

HAHAHA!

LIGHTEN UP CAUSE ITS FASHION!!!

• i'm guilty. I feel dirty admitting I am a fan of this show.

Before I had even heard of the show, Shannon, the tall redhead model, stopped by the studio I intern at one night for an open jam session... her roommate sings and is friends with the owner. Supercool girl. So of course I had to check it out.
    I've only caught the first 2 episodes (I don't watch much TV) but I found it to be weirdly captivating. I think it's because the contestants are actually doing something creative and not just running across logs or singing karaoke.

They really need to make him cry again. That shit was the highlight of the season for me.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    sick and been watching this all day.
    worst guilty pleasure since trading spaces(paige davis!!!where are u)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    every time andrae opens his mouth all wide like that i keep wanting to shove a chicken down his throat or some shit

They really need to make him cry again. That shit was the highlight of the season for me.

I can't believe he went on for 10 minutes. Man, that must have felt like an hour to everyone else who had to listen to him meltdown.

Andrae is no Austin, that's for sure.

Ms. Damn - I think owning one of the above, for you is

Red Lobster!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• Season finale on March 8 according to tv guide! I love this show too

Top Chef (which films in San Francisco) looks like it might be decently amusing.

http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/

Holy shit: Chloe won.

This is some American immigrant dream shit, for real.

I'm feeling this (even if she has an ugly white boyfriend). And man, her sister with the bleached hair?

Ok, now when's Season 3 starting?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    he's still my fave:

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    im glad chloe won. i dont know why. i put my money on santino and i think i liked daniels collection better, but im glad chloe won.

he's still my fave:

You know - I actually was pulling for him towards the end because 1) I actually thought he had a shot. I never thought Chloe did. Plus, 2) his back story made him a lot more likable. But the truth was: his collection was pretty boring, as was Daniel V's. Chloe's wasn't perfect - my wife compared certain pieces to bad 1980s prom dresses - but at least her collection took some chances and had a point of view.

All three of these folks are going to make out fine though: I totally see Santino and Daniel V getting work (unlike last year's Wendy Pepper who shouldn't have even been in the final race).

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    he's still my fave:

man so they had like a Turkish sultan competing this season? i've never seen this show but apparently it's bonkers. maybe I'll peep the DVD. any other goofy personages from past historical eras?

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    he's still my fave:

man so they had like a Turkish sultan competing this season? i've never seen this show but apparently it's bonkers. maybe I'll peep the DVD. any other goofy personages from past historical eras?

I actually thought he looked like General Zod from the Superman movies. I didn't watch the show, it'd just sometimes be on when I was flipping channels or sometimes it'd be on right before Celebrity Poker came on.

• he's still my fave:

I actually thought he looked like General Zod from the Superman movies. I didn't watch the show, it'd just sometimes be on when I was flipping channels or sometimes it'd be on right before Celebrity Poker came on.

I thought the exact same thing about General Zod! I think it was that one low v-neck number he had on during one of the episodes.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Santino was robbed. I can't even believe Chloe won with her ugly ass collection. (not that I really care) My GF and her friends were freaking out however.

Santino's voice reminds me of that SNL skit where Will Ferrell suffer's from voice imodulation (sp?)

• By the end, I just didn't want Daniel V. to win. His collection was , and he kept up with that holier than thou shit. Rolling his eyes when they asked Santino why he should win, blabbing on and on to the camera about his shit didn't stink and Santino was a jerk. Got very tiresome.

I though Chloe had the best collection. I think Santino was the most interesting designer. and DV got lucky a few times (shouldn't have won evening gown (santino) or the garden dress (chloe)). But, Chloe had the best endgame, as they say, and her whole back story was great. (BUT, where was the wide shot of her whole family with her on the runway after she won???!!??? That's a no brainer.)