Best live show of the year

2»

Comments

• edotedot 12 Posts

Sun Ra Arkestra leading the Mardi Gras parade in Lexington Kentucky

how/why did i miss this?

I dunno, but it was free and incredible. The parade was cool and all but everyone marched into the Victorian Square Atrium where they played a free set with people on 3 levels of balconies just dancing and going nuts. One of the greatest things I've ever seen. They played a $$$ show at The Dame after that but the free stuff was by far the best.

pictures:

How did I miss this also????? I go to UK even........

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    -Fantomas (9:30 club)

• Sun Ra Arkestra leading the Mardi Gras parade in Lexington Kentucky

how/why did i miss this?

I dunno, but it was free and incredible. The parade was cool and all but everyone marched into the Victorian Square Atrium where they played a free set with people on 3 levels of balconies just dancing and going nuts. One of the greatest things I've ever seen. They played a $$$ show at The Dame after that but the free stuff was by far the best.

pictures:

How did I miss this also????? I go to UK even........

Lexington people need to get on Ross Compton's email list! Dude puts on insane shows.

• Aser, co-sign of the Feist! She was at the Harbourfront Centre. Sampling her self on stage and looping that schitt up!

also:
    Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings X2
    I had the pleasure of hanging out with them before the Waterloo show. I got to talk shop with Bosco, he was telling me about his private studio in Bushwick...

Binky has a record in the works, he played some songs at the show.

Me: so when can i expect the Binky record?
    Binky: Early next year.
    Me: oh, so it's done already?
    Binky: No.

At one point, some drunken terd comes on stage and asks Bosco where's the funk? Sharon is like, "We've been playin' the funk all night...and if you ain't heard it, somethin' ain't right!"

Roy Ayers was pretty tight. His drummer was amazing.. at one point he dropped his sticks and played with his bare hands!

Quantic Soul Orchestra is dope, too. But I hate it when the sound guy treats the drum sound like a rock band

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    colbert report?

• i gotta say the best performance i've seen in the last FEW years was davinci from souliliquists of sound...rockin dual mpc's live...by far the most musical cat i've ever seen on a sampler/drum machine...he's got a completely unique approach to those boxes ..amazing.

• The P in san luis obispo

• Hatters beware:

I liked the Digable Planets show.

I saw them at Vegoose over Halloween weekend....they were amazing - mostly because of the backing band...sick guitar player, amazing keys player.

• flaming lips in vegas.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Breakstra - Release Party at the El Rey with:
    P.U.T.S. and Cut Chemist playing a DJ set...