Rap Videos - Suggest any DVD's?

DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Looking for a DVD with rap video's that pretty well rounded yet consistent as far as quality of songs. I'm sorta looking for classic YO! MTV Raps-type-steez but even newer songs are cool too (ATCQ, Das Efx, Epmd, NWA, De La, Pharcyde, etc). Have searched on Towerrecords.com and Amazon.com and a couple seem interesting like the Lyricist Lounge one and a couple others, but I thought I'd ask here for obvious reasons... What do you suggest?Help!

Comments

• There's a spot in Brooklyn that makes customized hip hop music video DVDs. They have a huge list of available videos and they will pack a DVD for $15. Their list is pretty damn comprehensive - they're plenty of videos for songs I never even knew had videos.

They have a website too...let me see if I can dig up the URL.

• now that'd be hot.

i need some wu tang videos for christmas.

• The site used to be http://www.makeitorbreakit.com, but it looks like they have tried to use their market share to go legit with some 'rate a video' bullshit.

It also looks like they've maintained their bootlegging, but pushed it off to another site:

http://www.iwannabeontop.com/

Not sure if they still let you customize, but they have a lot of 'best of' DVDs for $4.99, inlcuding all ATCQ's videos, all Boot Camp's videos, etc...

I'm sure if you e-mailed them w/ a custom request they'd still do it for the $.

• Here's one of the testimonials for the Gangstarr DVD:

"This DVD is better than ice cream"- Mahari from Kentucky

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Ha! Thanks, I'll check it out...

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    i bought 15 dvds jam packed with dope videos from some strutter. I dont remember who. It is incredible.

• i bought 15 dvds jam packed with dope videos from some strutter. I dont remember who. It is incredible.

say

• this series sounds like it's pretty much what you're looking for. I believe sandboxautomatic sells them.

• not a dvd but check out www.nobodysmiling.com lots of videos to watch.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

this series sounds like it's pretty much what you're looking for. I believe sandboxautomatic sells them.
    hate your moms is pretty decent.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    not a dvd but check out www.nobodysmiling.com lots of videos to watch.

Word! Thanks for this link, I'll be watching videos for the rest of the night...

• Not necessarily well-rounded, but I've been watching Rap-A-Lot 4 Life Greatest Hits DVD Vol 1 lately.

Check the tracklist:

1. Big Mike - Playa Playa

2. Do Or Die - Po Pimp

3. Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks

4. Scarface - Smile (ft. Tupac)
    Actually, the song features Tupac and the video features that lookalike dude that was getting fame off of his looks after Pac died.

5. 5th Ward Boyz - Pussy, Weed And Alcohol
    Featuring Willie D's Hip Hop quotable "Girl...what you do is so beautiful, stick your fingers in ya cat UHH! and taste your uterus." (!?)

6. UGK - Wood Wheel

7. Devin - Lacville '79

8. UTP - Nolia Clap

9. Geto Boys - Crooked Officer

10. Yukmouth - Still Ballin' (ft. Outlawz)

11. Z-Ro - I Hate U

12. Tela - Bye Bye Haters

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i need that rap a lot shit in my life

i just bought this and it's pretty fucking bad so far but camron doing killa cam live with a fucking opera singer was worth the money i spent on it

• What is the Audio/Video quality like on the 'Hate your moms..' DVDs?