"Do you have to rewind DVDs?" (NRR)

NewLifeTrioNewLifeTrio 271 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Just had to share this...My mother just finished watching her first DVD, and she asks me the above question.I wish I said yes.

Comments

• My Dad said the same thing once.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    thanks for sharing. made my day

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Thats worth a new gaemlin

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Just had to share this...

My mother just finished watching her first DVD, and she asks me the above question.

I wish I said yes.

On a related note, a girl I know just told me that her niece was using a regular corded wall-mounted phone and, when finished talking, asked, "How do you turn it off?"

i can't front. i'm sure my grandson will have to show me how to program my teleportor so i don't end up in Tasmania.

• On a related note, a girl I know just told me that her niece was using a regular corded wall-mounted phone and, when finished talking, asked, "How do you turn it off?"

oh
    my
    god

• MeepMeep 320 Posts

I agree

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    i can't front. i'm sure my grandson will have to show me how to program my teleportor so i don't end up in Tasmania.

Will be sooner than you may think... I have the plans all ready. Been working on it since I started going to Vegas a few times a year. That way I can get there whenever I want and more importantly, I can get the fuck out of there when I have to

DJ Ferrari

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

On a related note, a girl I know just told me that her niece was using a regular corded wall-mounted phone and, when finished talking, asked, "How do you turn it off?"

oh
    my
    god

keep in mind that this is a young niece i'm talking about. i was thinking that a rotary phone would probably cause her to

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I agree

:LOL:

• My parents stay askin me how to work the tv and the cable box or dvd player. They just cant figure out how to use the tv/vcr button or something. The whole process just boggles their minds. I just don't get how its so hard, they have been watching tv since before I was born. You'd think they'd know how that shit works.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Oh man, my wife trying to work the Tivo is just as painful. For someone who performs oral surgery to be so confused by that thing is beyong my comprehension.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

I agree

Diggin' it. Two questions, though:
    1 - what would be the proper use for this graemlin?
    2 - would it be possible to replace the !!'s with ??, as in "can you repeat/rewind/explain (insert graemlin here) that?"*

*this is assuming that I'm interpreting the proper use of the graemlin correctly (see #1)

SG

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

In an 'I don't get it, please clarify' situation maybe?

DJ Ferrari

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

DJ Ferrari

In that case, wouldn't a ?? be more appropriate?

I dig it.

SG

• 1 - what would be the proper use for this graemlin?

DJ Ferrari

In that case, wouldn't a ?? be more appropriate?

I dig it.

SG

In terms of my response to my mum, I think a "!?" is more appropriate.