Racism in Italy (Reuters?? - strut)

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
ROME (Reuters) - Calling a foreigner a "dirty negro" in Italian is not necessarily a racist insult, Italy's highest court has ruled.The verdict, relating to a case where a group of Italian men punched and insulted some women from Colombia, caused deep unease at a time when Italy is struggling to contain racism.more insanity

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Ethiopians and Italians have a hate hate relationship still?

Surprised? No. I don't know their hate crime laws in Italy, so I can't say this or that about it though on how it should be ruled in Italian court. There are ignorant people around the globe of all shades, colors and creeds.

• ROME (Reuters) - Calling a foreigner a "dirty negro" in Italian is not necessarily a racist insult, Italy's highest court has ruled.

The verdict, relating to a case where a group of Italian men punched and insulted some women from Colombia, caused deep unease at a time when Italy is struggling to contain racism.

more insanity

Lazio fans are the worst they will make monkey noises when a black player gets the ball. I didn't know about this untill while living in Rome I went to a Lazio game. That shit was disgusting. Stupid shit all over the world.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I blame Marcofunk.

• Ethiopians and Italians have a hate hate relationship still?

Surprised? No. I don't know their hate crime laws in Italy, so I can't say this or that about it though.

The *************************************************************************. Mussolini wanted Italy to be a colonial power really bad, but Europe had already carved up Africa except Ethiopia, which had few resources worth plundering. Mussolini wanted it as a status symbol, but overestimated his military power and underestimated the resolve of the Ethiopians. Mussolini was a real piece of shit.

I know, I was juxtaposing that with the fact that Ts*ga is Ethiopian.

Surprised? No. I don't know their hate crime laws in Italy, so I can't say this or that about it though.

The first ever use of a chemical weapon was against the Ethiopians by the Italians. Mussolini wanted Italy to be a colonial power really bad, but Europe had already carved up Africa except Ethiopia, which had few resources worth plundering. Mussolini wanted it as a status symbol, but overestimated his military power and underestimated the resolve of the Ethiopians. Mussolini was a real piece of shit.

He got his in the end.

The first ever use of a chemical weapon was against the Ethiopians by the Italians. Mussolini wanted Italy to be a colonial power really bad, but Europe had already carved up Africa except Ethiopia, which had few resources worth plundering. Mussolini wanted it as a status symbol, but overestimated his military power and underestimated the resolve of the Ethiopians. Mussolini was a real piece of shit.

He got his in the end.

There is a current leader (who will remail nameless) I wouldn't mind seeing tour the country in a similar way.

He got his in the end.

There is a current leader (who will remail nameless) I wouldn't mind seeing tour the country in a similar way.

You're not talking about Howard Dean are you?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    The first ever use of a chemical weapon was against the Ethiopians by the Italians.

not true man

chemical weapons - ie mustard gas were used throughout WW1 by both sides and that's 20 years before the italians invaded ethiopea (1930's)

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Italy is weird.
    THere are Mussolini references all over the place in that country.

Italian soccerfans are even worse.

• The first ever use of a chemical weapon was against the Ethiopians by the Italians.

not true man

chemical weapons - ie mustard gas were used throughout WW1 by both sides and that's 20 years before the italians invaded ethiopea (1930's)

Yeah, I was just checking that I did fuck that up. Oh well thanks for the ing.

• Italy is weird.

Italy is a great country.
    What the italians have is a problem with immigration.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    The first ever use of a chemical weapon was against the Ethiopians by the Italians.

not true man

Yeah, I was just checking that I did fuck that up. Oh well thanks for the ing.

Winston Churchill, mustard gas dropped from planes, Kurds, 1918-21.
    we invented that shit.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I've heard all kinds of racist stories from friends who have visited and worked there. They had a hard time and said they will never go back. Not a good look.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

What the italians have is a problem with immigration.

Can you eloborate on this?

All of Europe has a problem with immigration. Europeans seem to mimick in each of their native languages the South Park sentiment of "They took our JEOBS!!" More immigrants, less work. Also, large immigration population means their country is "less Italian" or "less French" than some sects of their respective societies would desire them to be.

All of Europe has a problem with immigration. Europeans seem to mimick in each of their native languages the South Park sentiment of "They took our JEOBS!!" More immigrants, less work. Also, large immigration population means their country is "less Italian" or "less French" than some sects of their respective societies would desire them to be.

It's class warfare. In the US we have Blacks for that.

Immigration was encouraged by successive British governments as a way to get the ex-colonies to play ball (and buy our badly made crap). Of course it also helped to totally undermine working class gains since WWI. Most fruit picking, fish gutting, airport lounge cleaning, etc, in the UK is done by immigrants, but most were invited by politicians rather than sneaking in illegally. But of course the politicians are covering their asses and stirring up illegal immigrant fever.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    So should the quote rather read:

"What the italians have is a problem with immigration tollerance[/b]."

So should the quote rather read:

"What the italians have is a problem with immigration tollerance[/b]."

Italy, great country. Shame about the people.

• What the italians have is a problem with immigration.

Can you eloborate on this?

for real. i hope little dude was kidding. and even then it's not really funny.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Thank God for Italian TV though.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I saw a lot of Nazi graffiti when I was in Italy, shit really bugged me.