The Chronic v. Doggystyle

2»

Comments

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Chronic is definitely better as an album... but the songs "G'z and Hustlas" and "Pump Pump" are probably my two favorite songs off the two albums though.

-e

• man, no fucking contest. Chronic reigns supreme over nearly everybody

CRS ONE

cosign and a lol

• Why not make it a ECW-style 3 Way Dance? Chronic vs. Doggystyle vs. Chronic 2001??

I might have to give it to 2001.....

Either way, Doggystyle comes up on the bottom, but it's still a good record.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Why not make it a ECW-style 3 Way Dance? Chronic vs. Doggystyle vs. Chronic 2001??

maybe I am super disconnected, but I thought that Chronic 2001 was garbage.

• Why not make it a ECW-style 3 Way Dance? Chronic vs. Doggystyle vs. Chronic 2001??

maybe I am super disconnected, but I thought that Chronic 2001 was garbage.

Naw, I probably am the one w/ the bad taste. I like that album. "Explosive"? That's my shit.

But hey, we both like Smas...aw, nevermind.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The Chronic is a great great album but Doggystyle perfected the formula in my opinion - seemd to catch all involved at the very top of their game.

But hey, we both like Smas...aw, nevermind.

ha. dont want JLR on our case.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I love both, but let's not kid each other,

the Chronic eats Doggystyle.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    rap terds for rap nerds

• I'll really have to give them both another listen before I cast my official vote. I seem to be the only one leaning towards Doggystyle. I say this simply because I rocked this tape nonstop when I was in gradeschool.

I saw this simply because I rocked this tape nonstop when I was in gradeschool.

GRADE SCHOOL????

How old are you?

• I seem to be the only one leaning towards Doggystyle.

except you aren't, but whatever.

• I saw this simply because I rocked this tape nonstop when I was in gradeschool.

GRADE SCHOOL????

How old are you?

Or middleschool. Whatever.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I'm very partial to Lodi Dodi on Doggystyle. That song is

Doggystle isnt' as consistent as The Chronic, but there are certain songs I like on Doggystyle more than I like songs on The Chronic.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Lodi Dodi on Doggystyle. That song is

Rap "covers" usually leave me pretty cold...this one was no exception...

• yEAH tHOSE aLBUMS wERE bOTH cERTIFIED hEAT, bUT i'M a hAVE tO sAY wHAT aBOUT?

Cuz them albums wouldn't be what they are with out the D.O. to the C.
    This is a straight up Portriat of a Masterpiece.
    It was fucked up what happened to his voice in that car accident. But I doubt you would have those two albums the same way if his voice hadn't been fucked up. His writing was a major factor in these albums. You never hear it mentioned, but the D.O.C. has to be one of the most underated MCs of all time. It was Dre and the D.O.C. that helped turn Snoop into the star he is and basically made Death Row what it was creativly. Also there work in the Ruthless camp was unfuckwithably

• Just a hunch here, but I have a feeling some of yall hatted on the chronic when it came out.

I recall, back then, there was a significant number of poptarts who thought Dre was sending hip-hop to hell in a handbasket....

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Chronic, end of story

• Fuck it, I'll go ahead and say Doggystyle based on the fact that I listen to it a lot more than I listen to Chronic nowadays. Plus DJing "Ain't No Fun" and having girls sing along is what DJing is all about.

• Just a hunch here, but I have a feeling some of yall hatted on the chronic when it came out.

I recall, back then, there was a significant number of poptarts who thought Dre was sending hip-hop to hell in a handbasket....
    Yeah but they didn't say shit back then cause they didn't wanna get pistol whipped and stripped butt naked, face down, concrete.

Yeah but they didn't say shit back then cause they didn't wanna get pistol whipped and stripped butt naked, face down, concrete.

On the west coast hatting on The Chronic would get you "stoled on and socked out"...

On the west coast hatting on The Chronic would get you "stoled on and socked out"...
    Back in them times in my hood cats was really not tryin to hear any East Coast shit period. I always listened to all hip hop cause to me hard as fuck is hard as fuck, but the fact remains the only cat I personally remember them sayin was tight and didn't front on from the east was Redman.

Just a hunch here, but I have a feeling some of yall hatted on the chronic when it came out.

I hatted hard on it for like 3 months. But then, I couldnt hold out anymore.

Back in them times in my hood cats was really not tryin to hear any East Coast shit period. I always listened to all hip hop cause to me hard as fuck is hard as fuck, but the fact remains the only cat I personally remember them sayin was tight and didn't front on from the east was Redman.

Haha! Tell me about it. I was a "houser"...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Just a hunch here, but I have a feeling some of yall hatted on the chronic when it came out.

I stand by this

cosign on D.O.C.