Where are the fresh linens? (ladyswear related)

Scratch_n_SniffScratch_n_Sniff 353 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Need to get something cool for my lady. Anyone know where to pick up some good gifts online? I'm thinking cool bags, or socks. I'm not in deep enough to know all her clothing sizes, although she alters most of her gear with a sewing machine anyways. She is also a shoe addict, and I was thinking about getting her a copy of Sneaker Freaker, or one of those coffee table books, but most that I've seen seem to focus most on mens shoes.-Thanks

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    can you tell us a little more about her style so I can better help you in your quest?

• can I play too? Anna, maybe you can help. My girl isnt into the hipster trendy shit..but more of looking good n grown(no logos blazing everywhere though..she aint the walking billboard type). Nothing crazy expensive but something affordable and nice. something w/out sizes is even better(and easier for me..but I am open to digging in the closet to see what sizes she wears).

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Oh, my God. You are Satan.

Really: You have to know her taste.

But if she likes independent music and hot posters, try my friend's spot.

some sites that have nice designer stuff at good prices:

www.bluefly.com
    www.neimanmarcus.com (check sale section or regular section if you got it like that)
    www.jcrew.com (nice, well-made clothes, beautiful cashmere sweaters)

I also like to buy shoes on eBay (marc jacobs, coach, prada, nike, etc)

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I can tell you, however, that a nice pair of Camper shoes or (word to DJAnna) cashmere anything is usually a good look.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Need to get something cool for my lady. Anyone know where to pick up some good gifts online? I'm thinking cool bags, or socks. I'm not in deep enough to know all her clothing sizes, although she alters most of her gear with a sewing machine anyways. She is also a shoe addict, and I was thinking about getting her a copy of Sneaker Freaker, or one of those coffee table books, but most that I've seen seem to focus most on mens shoes.

-Thanks

A tasteful silk or satin slip from Victoria's Secret isn't bad either. It's like a gift for both of you .

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

everything he described about his girl is in that store. sure its not for everyone, but is it not for anyone? my girl loves that fucking place, but i cant stand to step a foot inside, that doesnt mean i dont let her buy the shit and/or me purchase things for her that she might want.

Need to get something cool for my lady. Anyone know where to pick up some good gifts online? I'm thinking cool bags, or socks. I'm not in deep enough to know all her clothing sizes, although she alters most of her gear with a sewing machine anyways. She is also a shoe addict, and I was thinking about getting her a copy of Sneaker Freaker, or one of those coffee table books, but most that I've seen seem to focus most on mens shoes.

-Thanks

A tasteful silk or satin slip from Victoria's Secret isn't bad either. It's like a gift for both of you .

yes! and you want to get her even more excited, buy her some Cosabella or La Perla, nah mean?

• Thanks for the help. For now I'm hooking her up with this bag:

She is an art student, and loves urban outfiter's, but keeps it more on the tasteful side of the store. She also buys alot of t-shirts out of the boys section of Target and tailors them up into some pretty nice tops. You'd be suprised. She recently hooked up a Jimi Hendrix and a Batman design that were both much nicer than any of the shirts in the grown folks section.

I'm trying to go a bit next level, though. The more finely refined style that she isn't able to buy at the outfitters.

Also, does anyone have the "Sneakers: The Ultimate Collectors Guide"? It looks pretty cool on Amazon.com, but I need to be confident that it is quality if it's gonna be a present.

Anna,

Who'd you recommend for some cute PJs?

Where is Audamn at? I bet she'd be a great person to ask - she's got one of the flyest taste in hip style I know of.

Thanks for the help. For now I'm hooking her up with this bag:

She is an art student, and loves urban outfiter's, but keeps it more on the tasteful side of the store. She also buys alot of t-shirts out of the boys section of Target and tailors them up into some pretty nice tops. You'd be suprised. She recently hooked up a Jimi Hendrix and a Batman design that were both much nicer than any of the shirts in the grown folks section.

I'm trying to go a bit next level, though. The more finely refined style that she isn't able to buy at the outfitters.

Also, does anyone have the "Sneakers: The Ultimate Collectors Guide"? It looks pretty cool on Amazo
    n.com, but I need to be confident that it is quality if it's gonna be a present.

• I'm flattered that you all assume I'm ready to drop a hundered on a cashmere sweater or some campers, but I'm still in college. I should have specified that I'm looking for some styles on a budget. Under $50 an item for sure.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Really: You have to know her taste.

But if she likes independent music and hot posters, try my friend's spot.

man, jay ryan's posters are

i did a show with his band, dianogah a few years ago.
    real nice guy.

• Need to get something cool for my lady. Anyone know where to pick up some good gifts online? I'm thinking cool bags, or socks. I'm not in deep enough to know all her clothing sizes, although she alters most of her gear with a sewing machine anyways. She is also a shoe addict, and I was thinking about getting her a copy of Sneaker Freaker, or one of those coffee table books, but most that I've seen seem to focus most on mens shoes.

-Thanks

Like when Homer bought Marge the bowling ball engraved with his name.

Anna,

Who'd you recommend for some cute PJs?

I really like GapBody, they have sexy, silky, comfy, fluffy, all styles and all cute.

www.gap.com

www.bananarepublic.com - they make sleepwear too, that you don't see in their stores

and all department stores have nice PJs, I don't know brands though, I'm more of a tank top to bed gal

I will also recommend Kiehl's as a gift, wonderful face and body products that girls will adore! www.kiehls.com

• yo money.

Freal, my freind Jen Ham makes shit that makes girls go nuts. Bags, pins, all kinds of shit.

She only does custom stuff, but it is very resonable...

we even got her to do our last cover for a 7" with all sewn art.

www.jenham.com

• american apparel has some nice refined stuff (no brand names but super cute shirts/skirts/etc), but you'd have to know her size... then again, there's always returns/exchanges.

you could also get her shoe size and go to one of those warehouse shoe places like DSW and try and get her a decent pair over there they've usually got some cute stuff... even better than a book but maybe i'm too practical/wish my man would buy me shoes

a victoria's secret "present for both of you" is nice too, sneak a peak in her undie drawer when shes not looking for size info... and keep it tasteful.. no point spending $50 on something she'll only wear for you

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm flattered that you all assume I'm ready to drop a hundered on a cashmere sweater or some campers, but I'm still in college. I should have specified that I'm looking for some styles on a budget. Under $50 an item for sure.

For gloves, socks, and scarves, T.J. Miggedy-Maxx. Or, in a pinch, the cleanest thrift in town (the one right by all the trend-hopping older rich folks)