Supernatural Voodoo Woman

Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
My old friend wrote me with a question and it is beyond my knowledge, so I figured I'd pose it to the Soulstrut Massive
i actually have a question for you. for my graduate work, i'm writing a paper about blacula, the 1972 blaxploitation horror film with william marshall, which has led me into the bizarre world of blaxploitation horror movies. the guy that fronts m********** was telling me about a film i later discovered to be _sugar hill_ (aka _the zombies of sugar hill_), particularly about its theme song, "supernatural voodoo woman," which he remembered to be really funky and afrobeat-inflected. a little research later, i discovered this song was recorded by the originals and appeared on their 1974 album _game called love_ (Soul Records #740). to my knowledge, this song has never been released since the 1974 lp. any chance you've heard it before or have it in your massive collection of deep funk? if so, i would be eternally grateful for an mp3 copy, both for myself and as a gift to ********, the m********* frontman who remembered its bassline from seeing it on tv as a kid (i only wish i had that memory for basslines!).
does anyone have Supernatural Voodoo Woman by The Originals featured on the film The Zombies of Sugar Hill and the LP Game Called Love, and would be able to post it up?

Thanks!

Comments

• I dont know but Your other old pal Jeff got me on that Cannibal Holocaust S/T, and got me wondering if this was ever put on vinyl. Did he ever get at you btw?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My old friend wrote me with a question and it is beyond my knowledge, so I figured I'd pose it to the Soulstrut Massive

i actually have a question for you. for my graduate work, i'm writing a paper about blacula, the 1972 blaxploitation horror film with william marshall, which has led me into the bizarre world of blaxploitation horror movies. the guy that fronts m********** was telling me about a film i later discovered to be _sugar hill_ (aka _the zombies of sugar hill_), particularly about its theme song, "supernatural voodoo woman," which he remembered to be really funky and afrobeat-inflected. a little research later, i discovered this song was recorded by the originals and appeared on their 1974 album _game called love_ (Soul Records #740). to my knowledge, this song has never been released since the 1974 lp. any chance you've heard it before or have it in your massive collection of deep funk? if so, i would be eternally grateful for an mp3 copy, both for myself and as a gift to ********, the m********* frontman who remembered its bassline from seeing it on tv as a kid (i only wish i had that memory for basslines!).

does anyone have Supernatural Voodoo Woman by The Originals featured on the film The Zombies of Sugar Hill and the LP Game Called Love, and would be able to post it up?

Thanks!

Great tune! I am computer challenged and thus will not be posting a soundclip. Sorry

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    dope movie!