Charles Dumont - TRAFIC OST?

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Just curious if anyone has info on this one... re: rarity/value? Really cool soundtrack. I just found it today.I also found another soundtrack with no cover, called 'Beautiful People' OST , by Sol Fried & David Roth, which has 2 really nice tracks with fuzz guitar and some seriously funky drums and bass *one track is called "Tripped Out".

Comments

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

• Just curious if anyone has info on this one... re: rarity/value? Really cool soundtrack. I just found it today.

I also found another soundtrack with no cover, called 'Beautiful People' OST , by Sol Fried & David Roth, which has 2 really nice tracks with fuzz guitar and some seriously funky drums and bass *one track is called "Tripped Out".

Do you mean the LP version of Trafic?
    If yes that's a great score (both meanings of it): rare as hell, great music and dope cover art, always on the wall at records fair in France and near impossible to find elsewhere...
    I would say around 150 euros.

I recommend the Jacques Tati film too, really brillant and funny, no need to understand french to appreciate it..

yea I got the LP ($1) Thanks for the info man! I knew it was a good one.. there is so much cool stuff on here. I am sure the movie is crazy and quirky, there are moments in the soundtrack that are the same.

in case anybody cares to hear some of this soundtrack:

http://www.alisterjohnson.com/audio/trafic.mp3

later

• yea I got the LP ($1)

I hate you now

• Vastly overrated record ..

If anyone got some trades i'm willing to part with mine ..

If anyone got some trades i'm willing to part with mine ..

I can understand that. But soundtracks is not all about music!
    Anyway you'ge got a PM.

• I am sure the movie is crazy and quirky, there are moments in the

The movie is pretty nice, typical french, rarely dialogue, interesting camera movement and a lot of funky cars ..

I can understand that. But soundtracks is not all about music!

Anyway you'ge got a PM.

Lol! Sounds like a quote comming from Wolfgang Jahn

• LOL too..

Wolfy is by far hardcore than me regarding OST, he simply wants everything!

Naaah.. I just love the movie. And cover art is baaad.

Sorry for the NAUDE LP, that would be a deal..

• LOL too..

Wolfy is by far hardcore than me regarding OST, he simply wants everything!

He's crazy, you should see his headnods ..

• He's crazy, you should see his headnods ..

You scaring me. I know sometime he's a little bit paranoid, but overall he's really friendly.
    And he just got that nobody have!!
    Dansez Chez Daniela
    L'Homme Orchestre LP
    Negresco
    Psychedelic Dance Party
    About any italian OST
    Etc.. etc..the list is endless!

• Wolfgang is supernice. Really helpfull too. Man, I would like to go through his records. That would be some Twilight Zone experience. Like finding the planet of lost left socks or something.

• Wolfgang is supernice. Really helpfull too. Man, I would like to go through his records. That would be some Twilight Zone experience. Like finding the planet of lost left socks or something.

One time I asked him infos about his Umiliani/Liuto italian libs.. he told me he didn't had time yet to check them all..

• Man, I would like to go through his records.

I had the chance to meet wolfgang at his place back in 2003, yeah he's a friendy guy, obviously he's been collecting for ages and he doesn't want to miss out on anything really. We've been giving eachother ost tips for years now and done a fair bit of trading ..

The rarest joint he showed me was a private pressed John Belushi show/film lp that was pretty Haven't seen it since ..

• We've been giving eachother ost tips for years now and done a fair bit of trading ..

I was able to hip him to some records. Did some trading too but he always "won", you know.

• We've been giving eachother ost tips for years now and done a fair bit of trading ..

I was able to hip him to some records. Did some trading too but he always "won", you know.

I did a couple of time too. He's after OST so deeply than sometimes I was able to trade him very dull [musically wise] stuff he didn't had yet for good records.