Hold The Mayo On That Track

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Could you name the weakest track on a classic album? Any genre allowed. Party For Your Right To Fight-P.E.-It Takes A Nation Of Millions....The Girl Is Mine-M.J.-ThrillerFriend Of Mine-B.I.G.-Ready To DieI'll continue to add...

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Could you name the weakest track on a classic album? Any genre allowed.

Party For Your Right To Fight-P.E.-It Takes A Nation Of Millions....

You really think that's a weak track? I think if given to someone today, they could make the backing track a lot better, but the dual lyrics between Chuck D. and Flav, I felt that was perfect. You always had Chuck D. in your face, Flav following him, or something like "Cold Lampin' With Flavor", and all of a sudden they unite for the album's last song.

For me, "Louder Than A Bomb" would be the weakest track.

• The Girl Is Mine-M.J.-Thriller

classic shit. mccartney+mj. even better after he bought the the beatles rights. even more better is paul recounting the events on vh1 and the voice he makes imitating him.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

Straight Outta Compton - Something 2 Dance 2

Peace

h

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    For me, "Louder Than A Bomb" would be the weakest track.

What??? As much as I usually agree with you, I can't cosign that blasphemous statement. You must repent right away!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'm at work and not in front of my records right now so I don't remember titles to these. But a few horrible techno dance tracks by some hip hop artists come to mind-

EPMD
    Slick Rick
    Special ED

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm at work and not in front of my records right now so I don't remember titles to these. But a few horrible techno dance tracks by some hip hop artists come to mind-

EPMD

"It's Time 2 Party"

(But am I the only one that likes "You Had Too Much too Drink"? That shit is funny as hell to me.)

Slick Rick

"Let's Get Crazy

Special ED

"Hoedown"

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

EPMD

"It's Time 2 Party"

(But am I the only one that likes "You Had Too Much too Drink"? That shit is funny as hell to me.)

Slick Rick

"Let's Get Crazy

Special ED

"Hoedown"

Hi,

You Had Too Much To Drink is the shit!!

h

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    real headz know tha dealz

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    "the mall" from "moment of truth".although it does act like a great palate cleansing cracker for the rest of the album.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    "the mall" from "moment of truth".although it does act like a great palate cleansing cracker for the rest of the album.

C'mon, man, "The Mall" is waaaay better than "She Knows What She Wants"...

I remember certain backpacker types trying to tell me "Naw, see 'The Mall' is intended as a parody of the materialism in hip-hop" back when that shit came out.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i've never understood hate for "she knows what she wants".
    it's subpar (mostly tha chorus for me), but not as bad as "take money,money go shaaaawwwpiin". they sounded like they were retarded.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The last Gangstarr album.I dont think thats a classic. We're talkin weakest on classic album that heads own and the dummy public own as well.Step into the Arena is better example.

• Lifes a Bitch on Illmatic

• Genius-B.I.B.L.E. on Liquid Swords

I would say Gold off that album but thats not an album that most casual Wu-Tang fans own.They probably got the first one,Meths,cubanlinx,odb.maybe ghostface.Ill go out and say that my favorite solo wu album.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Genius-B.I.B.L.E. on Liquid Swords

damn, that was like some of my favorite shit off that album.

and is that you hating on lifes a bitch?

thats me x 2. I hated BIBLE from the jump..and just couldnt get into Life a Bitch

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

well, my memory may be failing me, but isn't B.I.B.L.E. not even a GZA song? I know it's the last track on Liquid Swordz, but isn't it a Masta Killah track or something? Liquid Swordz is probably my all time fav Wu solo joint, but there is that feeling of they tacked on as many tracks as they could, like "I Gotcha Back" had already been on a soundtrack and 12" well before that LP came out, and didn't need to be on there...

My nomination to the thread:

You Tried To Do Me - Brand Nubian[/b]

ugh, just what that extremely DOPE record needed, some faux new jack swing bullshit...not...

well, my memory may be failing me, but isn't B.I.B.L.E. not even a GZA song? I know it's the last track on Liquid Swordz, but isn't it a Masta Killah track or something? Liquid Swordz is probably my all time fav Wu solo joint, but there is that feeling of they tacked on as many tracks as they could, like "I Gotcha Back" had already been on a soundtrack and 12" well before that LP came out, and didn't need to be on there...

My nomination to the thread:

ugh, just what that extremely DOPE record needed, some faux new jack swing bullshit...not...

maybe it is the Ace...im just saying..that song on that album..just didnt fit the overall theme of the album. stood out...and I hate it.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    not Ace, KILLA PRIEST, and yeah, it's garbage, worst track on the album.

• not Ace, KILLA PRIEST, and yeah, it's garbage, worst track on the album.

thank you.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    not Ace, KILLA PRIEST, and yeah, it's garbage, worst track on the album.

yeah, I meant Killa Priest, my Wu lingo gets convoluted sometimes...guess I need the "Manual"...and yes, what a lame way to end an incredible record, with a weak track by someone else...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Hi,

Is this even on the og pressing of liquid swords?

Peace

h

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Beside the fact that B.I.B.L.E. has almost nothing to do with the rest of the album, I thought it was a great ending to the album. Talk about symbolism and track placement. Anyway, it puts what GZA was talking about into more relatable terms....The beat is great as well.

My nominee is "Watch Roger Do His Thing." I love this song, but it has no place on Breaking Atoms. Anyone feel me?

You hit it right on the nail.Puba was reaching on that one.
    Whats the weakest song on The Chronic?

I agree.Roger was an earlier 12'' and you can tell the production got more polished by the time the album dropped. Better samples and all.

Cheezy Rat Blues

• autezautez 404 Posts
    mamacita on aquemini

• mamacita on aquemini

nope

• My nominee is "Watch Roger Do His Thing." I love this song, but it has no place on Breaking Atoms. Anyone feel me?

There was a similar post on the VV board recently and this was my nomination as well. Glad I'm not alone.

"The Day You're Mine" on Big Daddy's Long Live The Kane anyone?