Laffy Taffy Dilemma...Remix for Crazy Kids Related

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
So, if y'all don't know, I work at a school for kids that are a stone's throw from going to the mental hospital. Most of them have been through a world of hurt/abuse and therefore know NO limits/boundries...on a weekly basis I have to "restrain" kids that are a danger to themselves and others...an ugly part of my reality...HOWEVER...I get to do cool shit like remix songs for their talent show. For example, one kid wants Laffy Taffy for his dance routine...and I told him I'd take out all the "suggestive" parts and make the song simply about candy...he seemed to like that idea...as did the quiet rebellious kid in me...but now I'm having second thoughts....there's a real possibility that this routine will get boys slightly more hyphy than the school is ready for...a straight up Laffy Taffy mutiny could be underway...I gotta recognize the kids I work with, but shit, even crazy kids gotta have fun!what's a DJ/Educator to do?gNATPS I just thought I'd share my interesting music relted conundrum.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This is easy: after playing the Laffy Taffy remix, play a "My Humps" edit. That is sure to quell anyone's excessive passions. It's like anti-Viagara.

So, if y'all don't know, I work at a school for kids that are a stone's throw from going to the mental hospital. Most of them have been through a world of hurt/abuse and therefore know NO limits/boundries...on a weekly basis I have to "restrain" kids that are a danger to themselves and others...an ugly part of my reality...

HOWEVER...I get to do cool shit like remix songs for their talent show.

For example, one kid wants Laffy Taffy for his dance routine...and I told him I'd take out all the "suggestive" parts and make the song simply about candy...he seemed to like that idea...as did the quiet rebellious kid in me...

but now I'm having second thoughts....there's a real possibility that this routine will get boys slightly more hyphy than the school is ready for...a straight up Laffy Taffy mutiny could be underway...I gotta recognize the kids I work with, but shit, even crazy kids gotta have fun!

what's a DJ/Educator to do?

gNAT

PS I just thought I'd share my interesting music relted conundrum.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    This is easy: after playing the Laffy Taffy remix, play a "My Humps" edit. That is sure to quell anyone's excessive passions. It's like anti-Viagara.

I just laughed so hard I just snotted on my keyboard...

thanks Dub...you have NO idea how sexually repressed these kids are. Not only do they live at the same facility where the school is at: It's ALL boys. I would fuckin be the craziest one of the bunch if I lived there...shit...

I'm pretty sure if I did Humps and Laffy Taffy back to back there might be extra bathroom breaks after the set...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

I just laughed so hard I just snotted on my keyboard...

thanks Dub...you have NO idea how sexually repressed these kids are. Not only do they live at the same facility where the school is at: It's ALL boys. I would fuckin be the craziest one of the bunch if I lived there...shit...

I'm pretty sure if I did Humps and Laffy Taffy back to back there might be extra bathroom breaks after the set...

thats terrible. Let them have their laffy taffy you bastard!